Email Marketing Tool

NPalladino

Transactional and recurring emails

SOLVE

Hi! We are setting a workflow to send automated emails to customers (which are merchants) when they do specific milestones on their customer journey: for example, when they do their first sale. So we want to congratulate them and engage them. 
The challenge we are facing is that we have custom property first_transaction (the source of this is in our platform, outside Hubspot) is linked to the object company  and not to contacts. We already have associated companies and contacts in our account. How do I set the workflow so we can trigger an email when a custom property is triggered from a company?
Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NPalladino,

So you want to send emails whenever the value of first_transaction changes?

You have two options here:

• Create a company-based workflow. In a company-based workflow, re-enrollment based on company properties is possible. Like in contact-based workflows, you can send automated marketing emails in company-based workflows. They will be sent to all contacts associated to the company. This is the easiest option.
  • If you don't want to email all contacts associated to the company, you need to create a custom contact property first, matching the first_transaction company property. You then have to create a company-based workflow that re-enrolls companies when first_transaction is known. This workflow then copies the value from the company to the corresponding contact property (use the Copy property value action). Once available on the contact record, you can use it to to trigger a contact-based workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NPalladino,

So you want to send emails whenever the value of first_transaction changes?

You have two options here:

• Create a company-based workflow. In a company-based workflow, re-enrollment based on company properties is possible. Like in contact-based workflows, you can send automated marketing emails in company-based workflows. They will be sent to all contacts associated to the company. This is the easiest option.
  • If you don't want to email all contacts associated to the company, you need to create a custom contact property first, matching the first_transaction company property. You then have to create a company-based workflow that re-enrolls companies when first_transaction is known. This workflow then copies the value from the company to the corresponding contact property (use the Copy property value action). Once available on the contact record, you can use it to to trigger a contact-based workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.