Email Marketing Tool

Thisisbbc
Participant

Track only certain e-mails with Gmail

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure many of you do, we manage a few different e-mails from our main Gmail account.

Some of our staff do too and they don't want their personnal e-mails to be tracked.

Checking/Un-checking the "Track" checkbox is prone to errors as you can forget about it and miss tracking on an important e-mail or on the other hand, send a tracked e-mail for your mom's birthday this weekend (which has nothing to do in the CRM).

Is there a way to automatically track specific e-mails based on the "FROM:" header?

How do we make sure that bob@company.com is tracked and not bob@gmail.com in a consistent way?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Thisisbbc while it is not possible to automatically track emails based on the "from" address, I've found it very helpful to create different Chrome profiles for each of my email accounts. Then, on each profile, I install the HubSpot Sales extension, with different defaults: on my professional Chrome profile, Track and Log and both checked, but on my personal profile, only Track is checked. It is quite easy to navigate from one profile to the other, and avoids this type of confusion.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Thisisbbc while it is not possible to automatically track emails based on the "from" address, I've found it very helpful to create different Chrome profiles for each of my email accounts. Then, on each profile, I install the HubSpot Sales extension, with different defaults: on my professional Chrome profile, Track and Log and both checked, but on my personal profile, only Track is checked. It is quite easy to navigate from one profile to the other, and avoids this type of confusion.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Upvotes