Track Replies to My Email Campaigns

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

We regularly send out newsletters where the goal is to get the recipient to reply to the email instead of clicking a link. It's been historically pretty hard to track this, as the "reply-to" email is set to the owner of the lead (resulting in the replies going to various different sales reps). Does Hubspot offer any way to track when an email sent from the marketing platform is replied to? 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Employee

Hi @acaringi,

HubSpot does not offer a feature that tracks replies to marketing emails. Replies to your marketing emails will be sent to the inbox of the reply-to address on your email, which is understandably hard to track if you have variable reply-to addresses based on HubSpot Owner. 

The reason we do not offer reply tracking on marketing emails is because emails of this type are not typically meant to be replied to. I encourage you to post this idea as a feature request on the Ideas board of the forum.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
HubSpot Employee

Hi @acaringi,

HubSpot does not offer a feature that tracks replies to marketing emails. Replies to your marketing emails will be sent to the inbox of the reply-to address on your email, which is understandably hard to track if you have variable reply-to addresses based on HubSpot Owner. 

The reason we do not offer reply tracking on marketing emails is because emails of this type are not typically meant to be replied to. I encourage you to post this idea as a feature request on the Ideas board of the forum.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Are there any zapier integrations that could help be a workaround for this problem?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

"The reason we do not offer reply tracking on marketing emails is because emails of this type are not typically meant to be replied to. "

You can't be serious. Is this a typo or is this real? What's the real reason, because that's absurd on every level. 

New Contributor

The best, most authentic marketing emails illicit human responses. It happens ALL the time.

Regular Visitor

The ability to track replies to email marketing campaigns in HubSpot is absolutely essential. It is the most nonsensical thing ever to say that marketing email blasts are designed so that recipients are not supposed to respond. High-quality email marketing campaigns should ALWAYS elicit responses -- hope that HubSpot can recognize this and build out new functionality here soon 

New Contributor

Very much agreed - been trying to figure this out for 1.5 months now

0 Upvotes

This is a critical piece of core functionality that is missing. The fact that Hubspot is missing this means that we are probably going to jump ship to another company at first opportunity.

This is completely unacceptable. Who doesn't want to track replies to marketing emails?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@acaringi

When you have a moment, could you please head to this page and "like" our suggestion (apparently, features are built on a popularity contest basis)? We strongly agree that the ability to not only track replies, but include them within the if/then logic of a workfow, is an imperative feature for marketing campaigns.

@relabidin

Our team feels that by not building this feature, HubSpot is fundamentally misunderstanding a key component of marketing campaigns.

That is, tracking replies (and including them within if/then workflows) is what best allows campaigns to be designed around real behavior (instead of perceived behavior or even worse. time). Tracking replies is what allows for "lead scoring" within marketing.

If a customer responds to an email campaign (especially one built around open-ended questioning ... "Hey, what do you think about _____?"), that customer is far more likely to be a "best" customer who not only will be more likely to purchase in the future (but also suggest feature requests).

Tracking replies is what allows us to do this. As campaigns mount, we can better track who our "best" customers are. They're simply the ones who respond to the most open-ended question emails. 

This is something that we do manually, and it's an extremely manual process requiring importing and exporting from Excel.

This is one of the basic features of ActiveCampaign, which costs 1/8 as much to get started as HubSpot. 

I am having a hard tim rebuilding my ActiveCampaign automations in HubSpot without this. 

Occasional Contributor
Our company, LeadGnome, solves this problem. We are a connect partner. Please let me know if we can be of help.
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

This would be very helpful to us:

1) We want to improve the efficacy of our emails and track response rate over time.

2) We want to take action on it.  i.e. create a list of all contacts who have opened an email but not reply.

New Contributor

that would be super helpful to automate sales nurturing that started with a personalized marketing mail. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Check out www.leadgnome.com which does exactly this and then some.  They're a HubSpot Connect Partner.  https://www.hubspot.com/integrations

New Contributor

can you briefly explain how this works? Really struggling with Hubspot not providing this functionality. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rachel - my name is Matt Benati and I am the CEO of LeadGnome, a HubSpot Connect partner, that specializes in managing email replies. I can be reached via email at matt@leadgnome.com. If you're interested in learning more about how LeadGnome might fit your needs, please send me an email or register for a demo. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

It seems that HubSpot wishes to address this issue with Connect partners. Our company, LeadGnome, is a Connect partner that provides the capability. You can learn more at https://www.leadgnome.com. If you'd like to schedule a time to talk, please feel free to send me an email (matt@leadgnome.com) or request a demo.

0 Upvotes