Email Marketing Tool

acaringi

Track Replies to My Email Campaigns

SOLVE

We regularly send out newsletters where the goal is to get the recipient to reply to the email instead of clicking a link. It's been historically pretty hard to track this, as the "reply-to" email is set to the owner of the lead (resulting in the replies going to various different sales reps). Does Hubspot offer any way to track when an email sent from the marketing platform is replied to? 

1 Accepted solution
sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi Eveyone!

this is now live to all customers, with documentation here on how it works, and how to set it up. Feel free to continue to leave feedback here on how it works, and if you run into any issues please reach out through the normal HubSpot support channels.  

Thank you and Happy friday!

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

37 Replies 37
mattbenati
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Santa - my apologies. I’ll reach out via email to schedule a demo.
pknobloch1
Participant

SOLVE

that would be super helpful to automate sales nurturing that started with a personalized marketing mail. 

meharrington
Participant

SOLVE

This would be very helpful to us:

1) We want to improve the efficacy of our emails and track response rate over time.

2) We want to take action on it.  i.e. create a list of all contacts who have opened an email but not reply.

NickRise
Participant

SOLVE

@acaringi

When you have a moment, could you please head to this page and "like" our suggestion (apparently, features are built on a popularity contest basis)? We strongly agree that the ability to not only track replies, but include them within the if/then logic of a workfow, is an imperative feature for marketing campaigns.

@relabidin

Our team feels that by not building this feature, HubSpot is fundamentally misunderstanding a key component of marketing campaigns.

That is, tracking replies (and including them within if/then workflows) is what best allows campaigns to be designed around real behavior (instead of perceived behavior or even worse. time). Tracking replies is what allows for "lead scoring" within marketing.

If a customer responds to an email campaign (especially one built around open-ended questioning ... "Hey, what do you think about _____?"), that customer is far more likely to be a "best" customer who not only will be more likely to purchase in the future (but also suggest feature requests).

Tracking replies is what allows us to do this. As campaigns mount, we can better track who our "best" customers are. They're simply the ones who respond to the most open-ended question emails. 

This is something that we do manually, and it's an extremely manual process requiring importing and exporting from Excel.

mattbenati
Participant

SOLVE
Our company, LeadGnome, solves this problem. We are a connect partner. Please let me know if we can be of help.
jordanskole

SOLVE

This is one of the basic features of ActiveCampaign, which costs 1/8 as much to get started as HubSpot. 

I am having a hard tim rebuilding my ActiveCampaign automations in HubSpot without this. 

relabidin
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @acaringi,

HubSpot does not offer a feature that tracks replies to marketing emails. Replies to your marketing emails will be sent to the inbox of the reply-to address on your email, which is understandably hard to track if you have variable reply-to addresses based on HubSpot Owner. 

The reason we do not offer reply tracking on marketing emails is because emails of this type are not typically meant to be replied to. I encourage you to post this idea as a feature request on the Ideas board of the forum.

Rami 

ahedstrom
Participant

SOLVE

Anyone find a solution for this or a better platform than HubSpot that does do this?? I was really hoping that HubSpot would have enabled this feature by now.

mattbenati
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mandy,

Our service, LeadGnome, automatically handles this issue for many HubSpot customers (we also integrate with other marketing automation and CRM systems). If you'd like more information, please visit our website or send me an email (matt@leadgnome.com).

Best,

Matt

Jason_K_Nash
Participant

SOLVE

Wow, emails are not meant to be replyed too!!! really REALLY that so wrong in so many ways... its alike admitting that marketing emails are a kind of SPAM!!!!! 

Sonny

SOLVE

This is a critical piece of core functionality that is missing. The fact that Hubspot is missing this means that we are probably going to jump ship to another company at first opportunity.

This is completely unacceptable. Who doesn't want to track replies to marketing emails?

GetAround

SOLVE

It's been 3 and a half years and they still haven't implemented it. Which CRM have you jumped ship to?

nsherron
Participant

SOLVE

"The reason we do not offer reply tracking on marketing emails is because emails of this type are not typically meant to be replied to. "

You can't be serious. Is this a typo or is this real? What's the real reason, because that's absurd on every level. 

Misspolitica
Participant

SOLVE

The ability to track replies to email marketing campaigns in HubSpot is absolutely essential. It is the most nonsensical thing ever to say that marketing email blasts are designed so that recipients are not supposed to respond. High-quality email marketing campaigns should ALWAYS elicit responses -- hope that HubSpot can recognize this and build out new functionality here soon 

jmiro1
Participant

SOLVE

Very much agreed - been trying to figure this out for 1.5 months now

jkmilton
Participant

SOLVE

The best, most authentic marketing emails illicit human responses. It happens ALL the time.

emeshman
Participant

SOLVE

Are there any zapier integrations that could help be a workaround for this problem?