Email Marketing Tool

ameninaimi

This contact was created from Offline Sources from Contacts

SOLVE

Dear Community,

Do you have an idea why for the same form, some contacts are captured correctly and others are under the mention of (This contact was created from Offline Sources from Contacts)? Given that all contacts submitted their information through the same form. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ameninaimi,

Could you confirm that the form is indeed their original source – and that the contact was not created before (via manual entry or import) and then converted through the form?

You can find this informatoin in the record timeline: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
ameninaimi

SOLVE

Thank you for your help, I will contact the support. I think source 1 was changed because I made some updates on the contact. however, I am sure the contact was not added manually. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ameninaimi,

If the Original source drill-down 1 is "Contacts" then it seems like this contact was added manually, and they then submitted the form. The form conversion would then not have been their source. The number is a HubSpot internal value which is not very helpful (and which a lot of users have already complained about).

This is hard to confirm without being able to poke around in your portal. With a paid license, you could also reach out to HubSpot support and investigate with them since they can access your portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ameninaimi,

Thank you for confirming. HubSpot might also label a contact as coming from an offline source if the form was submitted from a filtered IP address – could that be the case?

Could you also check what the values for the properties Original source drill-down 1 and Original source drill-down 2 for this contact are?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ameninaimi

SOLVE

How can I identify if it is a filtered IP?

For the original drill down 1 : contacts

original drill down 2 : 13105906

What would that mean? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ameninaimi,

Could you confirm that the form is indeed their original source – and that the contact was not created before (via manual entry or import) and then converted through the form?

You can find this informatoin in the record timeline: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-activities-on-a-contact-company-deal-ticket-record...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ameninaimi

SOLVE

Yes I confirm that the creation was via the form, I have the submission record of the contact via my website database and I am 100% that submission is via the form and yet hubspot consider him as an offline source

0 Upvotes
Raffy
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I read here that if the form was submitted before the HubSpot pixel/tracking code could be loaded, it would record as an offline source.

How we solved “offline sources” problem in HubSpot and fixed our attribution (izooto.com)

0 Upvotes