Email Marketing Tool

Tommy_GH
Mitglied

The list of people who receive the emails is not updated as a contact unsubscribes

lösung

Hello everyone.

I'm setting up newsletters for my company. My knowledge of Hubspot is still a bit limited so I need your help.

To get people to subscribe to my newsletter, I created a form. Then I created a "list" of contacts who will receive my emails which is automatically updated every time people subscribe to the newsletter (using the form).

The problem starts when a person wants to unsubscribe from my newsletter. Obviously I added the button at the end of the newsletter with that option. The fact is that when a person unsubcribes, the list of people who filled out the form (and consequently the contact list) is not updated by deleting that person. Or there is no "unsubcribed" next to the person. Only by manually viewing that contact's profile can you see that he has decided not to receive my emails anymore.

But since the list is not updated, that person will continue to receive my emails. Because the recipients of my email are the people who are included in my contact list (and consequently in the list of people who filled out the form).

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance to all those who are going to help me!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

The list of people who receive the emails is not updated as a contact unsubscribes

lösung

Hi @Tommy_GH,

HubSpot will automatically exclude contacts who unsubscribed from your email communication or the subscription type chosen for your email. This is done in the background and a process that cannot be turned off. It's always enabled as a safety measure.

You can check this by navigating to a recent marketing email, finding the Recipients tab and clicking Not sent in the left sidebar. You'll probably see some contacts in here who were not sent the email because they unsubscribed.

And you're correct, your list of form submissions will not update automatically. Technically, it's still true: The contact submitted the form, even if they unsubscribed later.

If you want to, you could change your list criteria to reflect this: "Contact has submitted form AND Unsubscribed from all email is not equal to any of True". HubSpot would now exclude these contacts from your list. However, as mentioned above, this is not needed. It's redundant as HubSpot automatically excludes these contacts. What you're gaining is a more accurate list size.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Tommy_GH,

HubSpot will automatically exclude contacts who unsubscribed from your email communication or the subscription type chosen for your email. This is done in the background and a process that cannot be turned off. It's always enabled as a safety measure.

You can check this by navigating to a recent marketing email, finding the Recipients tab and clicking Not sent in the left sidebar. You'll probably see some contacts in here who were not sent the email because they unsubscribed.

And you're correct, your list of form submissions will not update automatically. Technically, it's still true: The contact submitted the form, even if they unsubscribed later.

If you want to, you could change your list criteria to reflect this: "Contact has submitted form AND Unsubscribed from all email is not equal to any of True". HubSpot would now exclude these contacts from your list. However, as mentioned above, this is not needed. It's redundant as HubSpot automatically excludes these contacts. What you're gaining is a more accurate list size.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes