Email Marketing Tool

Yowza
Miembro

Text-Transform hack for all caps to proper case

resolver

Personalzing an auto-response email to form submissions and trying to correct for improper casing on submitter data.  Using text-transform options I can obviously switch to all CAPS, all lower, or force a Capital first letter.  Using Capitalize I can ensure that anyone who submitted in all lower is corrected in my auto-response, but does anyone know a trick to convert all caps to First Caps and rest lower?

1 Soluciones aceptada
Sam_Alford
Solución
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Thanks for the shout out @Mike_Eastwood 🙂

@Yowza, I’ve recently developed a custom workflow action that corrects the case and takes into consideration the following examples eg. samantha alford or SAMANTHA ALFORD = Samantha Alford, mcdonald or MCDONALD = McDonald, aj simpson = AJ Simpson, van der stein = van der Stein etc.  There are a heap of other scenarios as well that I’ve built into the tool.

All you have to do is create a workflow that has an enrolment trigger of when your form(s) are completed and then add the custom workflow action and it corrects it for you.  If the person has already put the correct case then it leaves it as is.

Best of all it’s FREE.  You can check it out here: https://inboundaddons.com/change-name-case.

It is currently best suited for when forms are submitted but I’m adding on the ability to go back through your whole database and fix up ones that are already submitted incorrectly.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Sam

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

22 Respuestas 22
KeeganSmith87
Participante

resolver

Anxiously awaiting the ability to run customers through this on a bulk process!!!

Mike_Eastwood
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

resolver

Hi @Yowza 

You should contact @Samantha_Alford - she got so annoyed by upper case names she created an app to fix them.

Mike

0 Me gusta