Email Marketing Tool

Yowza

Text-Transform hack for all caps to proper case

SOLVE

Personalzing an auto-response email to form submissions and trying to correct for improper casing on submitter data.  Using text-transform options I can obviously switch to all CAPS, all lower, or force a Capital first letter.  Using Capitalize I can ensure that anyone who submitted in all lower is corrected in my auto-response, but does anyone know a trick to convert all caps to First Caps and rest lower?

1 Accepted solution
Sam_Alford
Solution
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the shout out @Mike_Eastwood 🙂

@Yowza, I’ve recently developed a custom workflow action that corrects the case and takes into consideration the following examples eg. samantha alford or SAMANTHA ALFORD = Samantha Alford, mcdonald or MCDONALD = McDonald, aj simpson = AJ Simpson, van der stein = van der Stein etc.  There are a heap of other scenarios as well that I’ve built into the tool.

All you have to do is create a workflow that has an enrolment trigger of when your form(s) are completed and then add the custom workflow action and it corrects it for you.  If the person has already put the correct case then it leaves it as is.

Best of all it’s FREE.  You can check it out here: https://inboundaddons.com/change-name-case.

It is currently best suited for when forms are submitted but I’m adding on the ability to go back through your whole database and fix up ones that are already submitted incorrectly.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Sam

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22
KeeganSmith87
Participant

SOLVE

Anxiously awaiting the ability to run customers through this on a bulk process!!!

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Yowza 

You should contact @Samantha_Alford - she got so annoyed by upper case names she created an app to fix them.

Mike

0 Upvotes