Email Marketing Tool

katieliston
Participant

Sync marketing email activity to Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to sync marketing email activity to salesforce. I know I can do it via tasks/activities. Just wondering a few things on this if anyone can help. 

1. If a lead opens an email 8 times will this log 8 activities within salesforce or just one? 

Ideally what I'm looking for is just to report on the number of opens and clicks per lead for each marketing email in salesforce. This way we can build a report a prioritize hotter leads for our sales team. 

Anyone have any ideas? Can this be done with SFDC campaigns instead or an alternate way that's not building out new fields for each email send? 

thanks 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

1. Assuming Opens are a recorded activity then yes it will show 8 opens in the Salesforce Activity window.

Personally I wouldn't recommend mixing datasets like this.  The Salesforce activity window is not intended for reporting like this and it's something that could be complicated in SF to build.  In your situation if you really needed to combine data from Hubspot with Salesforce for integrated reporting you need to look into Tableau to be able to pull in the data from both platforms into a data reporting platform.  This is typically an involved process, but is the end goal for most larger organizations because reporting needs to be consolidated and uniform.

Another thing to consider since you are just looking for hotter leads is using Lead Scoring in Hubspot to identify leads that are more engaged with your brand and using that score in Hubspot to identify the hottest leads in your database.  Have you considered this option?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

1. Assuming Opens are a recorded activity then yes it will show 8 opens in the Salesforce Activity window.

Personally I wouldn't recommend mixing datasets like this.  The Salesforce activity window is not intended for reporting like this and it's something that could be complicated in SF to build.  In your situation if you really needed to combine data from Hubspot with Salesforce for integrated reporting you need to look into Tableau to be able to pull in the data from both platforms into a data reporting platform.  This is typically an involved process, but is the end goal for most larger organizations because reporting needs to be consolidated and uniform.

Another thing to consider since you are just looking for hotter leads is using Lead Scoring in Hubspot to identify leads that are more engaged with your brand and using that score in Hubspot to identify the hottest leads in your database.  Have you considered this option?