Switching Email Type from Follow Up To Automation

resolver
Highlighted
Nuevo colaborador

I recently cloned an email we use as a simple follow up email so that we could switch over to using that content in a workflow but the cloned copy is a Simple Follow Up Email and I need to switch it to the type I can save for automation. I can't figure out how. Can someone point out how to do that?

1 Soluciones aceptada

Soluciones aceptadas
Highlighted
Líder intelectual | Partner de nivel Diamond de HubSpot

Hi @juliejoyce

Currently, there is no way to convert a simple follow up email into a 'regular' email or vice versa, and this puzzles me too. 

If you want to use the content of a follow up email in a workflow, your only option currently is to create a new email using the same template and copy/paste the contents across. 

I have to remind my team to clone an exisiting follow up email when they want to create a new one, rather than make the mistake of create a new regaular email which then cannot be used as a follow up!

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
10 Respuestas 10
Highlighted
Superestrella de la comunidad

Removed - Unresponsive

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context -- see Marketing Hub Enterprise 2020.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Líder intelectual | Partner de nivel Diamond de HubSpot

Hi @juliejoyce

Currently, there is no way to convert a simple follow up email into a 'regular' email or vice versa, and this puzzles me too. 

If you want to use the content of a follow up email in a workflow, your only option currently is to create a new email using the same template and copy/paste the contents across. 

I have to remind my team to clone an exisiting follow up email when they want to create a new one, rather than make the mistake of create a new regaular email which then cannot be used as a follow up!

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted
Nuevo colaborador

Great, thanks for confirming that.

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Superestrella de la comunidad

Removed - Unresponsive

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context -- see Marketing Hub Enterprise 2020.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Colaborador habitual

The ability to convert email types would be a handy functionality to have. Please consider adding it!

Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

It's crazy that a few years later, we still don't have the ability to do this. 

Here's a use case my team has:

They created a landing page and a simple follow-up email from the page.  Everything works great.  A month later, we add another option to one of the fields on the form and want the follow-up to be dynamic to what someone chooses.  

The right thing to do would be create a workflow for each option in the form and send an email from it.  However, I can't use the simple follow-up email that we originally created, or even clone it.  I need to create an all new message...crazy.

Highlighted
Colaborador habitual

Right? I can't even imagine why the simple follow-up email even exists. Handling it through a workflow is so much more flexible, and precisely because you can't switch types after creation, it creates more work than it saves.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

The below screenshot solves your problem:

Convert Simple email to Automated email.png

• Simply open the email in Edit mode
  • Top right corner click 'Actions'
  • Then select 'Convert to automated email'
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is not available for "simple follow-up" email types. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 14.42.05.png

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hello from 2020. We still can't do this for Simple Follow-Up Emails. Trying to switch from a simple follow-up to a workflow and I will have to recreate this from scratch.