Switching Email Type from Follow Up To Automation

SOLVE
New Contributor

I recently cloned an email we use as a simple follow up email so that we could switch over to using that content in a workflow but the cloned copy is a Simple Follow Up Email and I need to switch it to the type I can save for automation. I can't figure out how. Can someone point out how to do that?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @juliejoyce

Currently, there is no way to convert a simple follow up email into a 'regular' email or vice versa, and this puzzles me too. 

If you want to use the content of a follow up email in a workflow, your only option currently is to create a new email using the same template and copy/paste the contents across. 

I have to remind my team to clone an exisiting follow up email when they want to create a new one, rather than make the mistake of create a new regaular email which then cannot be used as a follow up!

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
7 Replies 7
Community Superstar

Removed - Unresponsive

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @juliejoyce

Currently, there is no way to convert a simple follow up email into a 'regular' email or vice versa, and this puzzles me too. 

If you want to use the content of a follow up email in a workflow, your only option currently is to create a new email using the same template and copy/paste the contents across. 

I have to remind my team to clone an exisiting follow up email when they want to create a new one, rather than make the mistake of create a new regaular email which then cannot be used as a follow up!

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
New Contributor

Great, thanks for confirming that.

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

Removed - Unresponsive

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The ability to convert email types would be a handy functionality to have. Please consider adding it!

Regular Contributor

It's crazy that a few years later, we still don't have the ability to do this. 

Here's a use case my team has:

They created a landing page and a simple follow-up email from the page.  Everything works great.  A month later, we add another option to one of the fields on the form and want the follow-up to be dynamic to what someone chooses.  

The right thing to do would be create a workflow for each option in the form and send an email from it.  However, I can't use the simple follow-up email that we originally created, or even clone it.  I need to create an all new message...crazy.

Regular Contributor

Right? I can't even imagine why the simple follow-up email even exists. Handling it through a workflow is so much more flexible, and precisely because you can't switch types after creation, it creates more work than it saves.