Email Marketing Tool

JPouzar
Membre

Subscription tools

Résolue

Hi,

I would like to ask you for help. My question is regarding the subscription types. Am I right that when a subscriber updates his preferences and unsubscribes for any content (newsletter), a new property is created for that contact (opted out for email)? Is there any way I can change the value of this property for a particular contact? We sometimes need to change it manually (for example, if customer calls and requests). Or am I missing something about this feature?

Originally, we created our property (type Multiple checkboxes) and use it for customer preferences. But I did not find a way to offer to recipients changing of this property - similarly to the Unsubscribe option.

I have one more question about the end of marketing emails. Is there any chance I can edit or delete the text „Unsubscribe“ and „Manage preferences“?

Thanks for help.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Subscription tools

Résolue

Hi @JPouzar,

The Opted out of email properties are created when a new subscription type is set up in the tool. When a user clicks the "Manage preferences" link at the end of an email and unselects a subscription, this property will be populated. It's not possible for HubSpot users to change the value in this field manually, HubSpot respects the choice of the contact here. If you have custom properties, then input in these properties would not automatically reflect in the actual subscription preferences. This can be set up with workflows (requiring a Professional or Enterprise subscription) but generally it's recommended to work with the actual preference page and subscription type options. Let me know if you need detailed steps here.

If a customer wants to opt back into this subscription, they would have to access an old email, find the "Manage preferences" link again and select the subscription type. In Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, there is an additional feature for a re-subscription mail.

Regarding your last question, it is not possible to remove both the "Unsubscribe" and "Manage preferences" link. When you click on the module in the email, you can remove one of the two, but not both. They can only be removed in transactional emails which are a paid add-on for Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise. Outside of transactional emails, these links are mandatory and legally required.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
webdew
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Subscription tools

Résolue

Hi @JPouzar ,

Actually you can change value of this property (opted out for email) if you want but it is only recommended to use this when you know the contact want to be resubscribed, otherwise your deliverability will decrease

• what you have to do is to go to the contacts and select the contact whose property value  you want to change 
  • Click on MORE

webdew_0-1629207443881.png

• You will see an option Edit communication subscription
  • A new window will open, there you do the needful.
  • The property value will be overwritten with the options you will select here 

webdew_1-1629207443906.png

And done !

And about your second question : you cannot delete delete the text  “Unsubscribe“ and  “Manage preferences“

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Votes
karstenkoehler

Subscription tools

Résolue

Hi @webdew,

@webdew wrote:

Actually you can change value of this property (opted out for email) if you want but it is only recommended to use this when you know the contact want to be resubscribed, otherwise your deliverability will decrease

This information is not correct. Editing the communication subscription for a contact will not change unsubscribes that the recipient has explicitly requested.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution

Subscription tools

Résolue

Hi @JPouzar,

The Opted out of email properties are created when a new subscription type is set up in the tool. When a user clicks the "Manage preferences" link at the end of an email and unselects a subscription, this property will be populated. It's not possible for HubSpot users to change the value in this field manually, HubSpot respects the choice of the contact here. If you have custom properties, then input in these properties would not automatically reflect in the actual subscription preferences. This can be set up with workflows (requiring a Professional or Enterprise subscription) but generally it's recommended to work with the actual preference page and subscription type options. Let me know if you need detailed steps here.

If a customer wants to opt back into this subscription, they would have to access an old email, find the "Manage preferences" link again and select the subscription type. In Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise, there is an additional feature for a re-subscription mail.

Regarding your last question, it is not possible to remove both the "Unsubscribe" and "Manage preferences" link. When you click on the module in the email, you can remove one of the two, but not both. They can only be removed in transactional emails which are a paid add-on for Marketing Hub Professional and Enterprise. Outside of transactional emails, these links are mandatory and legally required.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler