Starter | Drag and Drop Content is Always Centered on Page

SaolreMarketing

Just upgraded from Free to Starter to send my first eMail. Building out the message was nice and easy with the new drag and drop tool. However, every looks like a Marketing eMail. The content is always floating centered on the page. I was just told by support that there is no way to make it look like a hand-written, personal eMail from my salesperson where the is no margin on Top or Left. I just wanted a basic eMail that looks like we sent it from Outlook personally. Any ideas? I thought being on Stater that "plain eMail" would be the standard 😉

5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @SaolreMarketing,

The marketing starter email tool is designed to send marketing type emails (which include more styling than one to one emails). Click here for more informaiton.

If you can share a bit more around what your end goal is with your email campaigns, that will help the Community advise on best practices and how to achieve your goal using HubSpot. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
SaolreMarketing

I understand the limitations. Support asked me to post it here as a potential new feature if others had a need. Maybe its in the wrong channel. For other small businesses hoping to send plain eMails, we decided to use Sales Free to send Outlook integrated eMails using Word/Excel Merge to eMail for this campaign due to "from" (now direct from rep), format (standard personalized html text email, not a marketing template) and deliverability (Hubspot delivered eMails all went to gMail Promotions tab not the Inbox), while still retaining Hubspot tracking. The only thing we couldn't include was a Hubspot integrated "unsubscribe" link (it is not a feature). Thanks.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Thank you for the additional context @SaolreMarketing! It sounds like your communications are better designed for sending one to one through the Sales platform. If you did want to have the functionality for an unsubscribe link in your sales email, that is available with cetain sales subscriptions

If this is a functionality you would like to see implemented with Marketing subscriptions in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum (that is the space monitored for future product features). 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
dsiegfried
Participant

We ran into the same issue. Can you clarify how you used Sales Free? Is this through HubSpot or a separate application? Are you exporting your list of contacts from HubSpot into Sales Free? Appreciate the help and would like to see HubSpot provide the feature you outlined. Personalization is key to our campaigns and I'd prefer our emails not look like a marketing blast. 

0 Upvotes
SaolreMarketing

We use the HubSpot Sales Hub Free version to connect our sales person to Hubspot Tracking. It allows tracking on 200 eMails per month, for $50 more you can upgrade to unlimited. The we use Outlook Desktop to execute a Word/Excel mail merge. This sends the message from our domain so Spam is much less of an issue. Plus the eMails look like they are one-to-one personal emails from the rep. If you had a generic mailbox that would work too for marketing, but I think real names are opened more and feel more natural. Using Word to design the eMails is straight forward, you use the Mailings tab at the top and click Start Mail Merge (choose eMail Messages), then click Select Recipients (choose use existing list and link to an Export of the target contacts from Hubspot >> I always create an identical list with my test addresses on it one for Outlook client and one in Gmail client so I can see what breaks in each), use Insert Merge Field to put <<first_name>> at the top followed by a comma, click the Preview Results button to see the names in the eMail . To send your first test, click Finish & Merge and add a Subject Line. Click OK to send. Since the eMails look like regular eMails send from Outlook (they actually each go in the outbox and then sent files) Hubspot tracking is applied. I am still working through some of the tracking/reporting issues, since it is in Sales Hub it is a little different than if it was in Marketing Hub... the salesperson that sent it can see the activity but not me as the marketing person. There are a couple of issues. 1. if you use a second eMail account to send using Outlook Profiles the hubspot tracking is activated at the desktop level so when you go back to your own profile all those eMails are tracked too, so you would have to turn Hubspot plugin off. The merge process doesn't work with shared mailboxes because you can't change the from address like you can manually, so if you are not sending from your primary address, you have to create a profile in Outlook and log into the secondary profile to send the merge (and the secondary mailbox has to be a full Outlook eMail account not a shared group box/alias ... because you can't log into a share box account to send) 2. Mail merges are not supported in Word/Excel in Office 365 Online... only Desktop. 3. Bullet Proof Buttons don't seem to hold their form with this technique so I just used graphic buttons with links and made sure to have another text link in the body. (btw you can have other graphics in the eMail like logos etc just be cautious that files are optimized because 1000 emails times 100KB each can add up in the sent folder) 4. there is no easy automated opt-out so I add a "Reply Stop to Opt-out" and update Hubspot manually. When set up properly it takes the sales person just a few minutes to send the eMail. If the list is long 1000+ it can lock up their Outlook for a bit 10-15 minutes because it is sending them one at a time. I have used a Virtal Machine to set up the whole environment in and it works nice. 5, You can not use email attachments only links to attachments on a website in a mail merge.   If you save your Word Document after test send, it will save the Subject Line... then when you switch the database its one less step for the sales person. Let me know if you have other questions.

0 Upvotes