Email Marketing Tool

GWinkworth
メンバー

Spacing between lines in sent email is different than when creating

I have created a marketing email but the spacing between the lines is greater when a test email is sent than it looks when I am in the edit mode.

How do I tighten up the spacing so it sends correctly?

0 いいね!
5件の返信
GWinkworth
メンバー

The screen shot directly below is what the email looks like when received in Outlook.

GWinkworth_0-1629209925534.jpeg

This screen shot shows how the email appears when creating it.  This spacing is represented when the email is received in Gmail but not Outlook. 

GWinkworth_1-1629209936117.png

0 いいね!
webdew
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

Hi @GWinkworth ,

To help with this, i do need to have screenshots/links more info to troubleshoot and see what exactly is the issue with the spacing/email so that i can suggest as well

without any information, i wouldn't be able to advise here.

Moreover, you can also directly contact HubSpot support.You can click on the help button added at the bottom right and directly share the client ID with support. They will surely help you with the right and best possible solution right away. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 いいね!
KeyWestScott
キーアドバイザー

For us, what we've kind of done is look at our historical data and used that as a defining "event" for how we do our spacing.  We are consumer and not business targeting.  So, historically, other platforms (non-Outlook) are the most used.  So, we tend to format for what the greatest audience is using for reading.

That being said, we try to make it look as best we can, for all.  If your predominant reader is a business person and they use Outlook, then reducing the spacing to the minimum, seems to acheive the greatest form, for business readers. 

Again, it's nothing really that HS has any control over, but is an Outlook issue. They started this years ago and  re-engineering Outlook would be a nightmare, I'm sure. Now, if you had someone that can really code, you might be able to do something that identifies an Outlook client and then formats specifically for that. But, not even sure if that can or would work and for what cost in time and $$.

Scott

0 いいね!
KeyWestScott
キーアドバイザー

Assuming that you're probably looking at your email in Outlook?  If this is the case, you're most likely out of luck.  Outlook has been a bane on HS forever.....  Remember that Outlook doesn't read and format native HTML, but actually uses Word as its backend editor and viewer. And it doesn't do a very good job of it either.

Otherwise there is a line spacing menu drop down, in the email editor that you can adjust your line height.  Again, this typically displays correctly for every email viewer, except Outlook.

Scott

GWinkworth
メンバー

Thank you Scott.  While I greatly appreciate your response and it answers the mystery - it is VERY discouraging! 🙄 

We are brand new to HubSpot and I've been very excited about the possibilities for our communications.  This is a disappointing development. 

0 いいね!