Email Marketing Tool

Alexrott
Contributor

Space/%20 in Form Personalization Token

SOLVE

I'm trying to add a personalization  token in a link to a form. I'm having trouble with spaces in the content that gets put into the token.

My link: https://share.hsforms.com/1LJPooqc6QhWLDBP?email={{contact.email}}&firstname={{contact.firstname}}&name={{company.name}}&lastname={{contact.lastname}}

What Hubspot makes of it: https://share.hsforms.com/1LJPooqc6QhWLDBP?email=abc@cdf.com&firstname=Test&name=T & Test GmbH&lastname=XX

The URL gets cut off after the blank space - there should be a %20 to ensure the URL is all in one string.

This problem occurs with all properties that have content with 2 or more words.

Anyone else having this issue and maybe know how to solve it?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Alexrott,

The personalization tokens in your internal email are creating plain text, not a link. (An email client or browser will try to recognize a link from plain text, but it's still plain text.)

I'd recommend spelling out "Antrag prüfen" and then using the link icon to add a hyperlink to "Antrag prüfen". In there, you won't have the option to pick a personalization token but you can follow the syntax that you're already familiar with: {{ object.internalpropertyname}}

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Alexrott
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

thanks for the quick reply.

The Token is used within a hyperlink: My link: https://share.hsforms.com/1LJPooqc6QhWLDBP?email={{contact.email}}&firstname={{contact.firstname}}&name={{company.name}}&lastname={{contact.lastname}}

The link is placed inside a internal Email that gets triggered in a workflow. See picture attached (it's in German, but I guess that's fine for you 🙂

wf hs.PNG

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Alexrott,

The personalization tokens in your internal email are creating plain text, not a link. (An email client or browser will try to recognize a link from plain text, but it's still plain text.)

I'd recommend spelling out "Antrag prüfen" and then using the link icon to add a hyperlink to "Antrag prüfen". In there, you won't have the option to pick a personalization token but you can follow the syntax that you're already familiar with: {{ object.internalpropertyname}}

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Alexrott
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much @karstenkoehler!, this solves it!

(now I have the next problem, which is: if there's a "&" in the content it gets cut off - but i guess this is unsolvable with how the URL is built)

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Alexrott,

On my end, this is working as intended, including added %20 for space characters. Could you confirm that you're using the personalization token within a hyperlink (see screenshot, alternatively with HTML href link tag) and not in plain text?

karstenkoehler_0-1648545136707.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes