Email Marketing Tool

SirJackson
Membro

Social sharing via email

resolver

Our email edit modules include "social sharing." What do I put/paste between the double brackets? (Facebook example below, also have Twitter, LinkedIn, and G+)? 

http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u={{ social_link_url }}

Quick background: I'm creating a template for a weekly, in-house email with links to our blog, podcast, and maybe one other marketing piece. The goal is to have our staff simply click on the social media icons to share the email content on their social media.

Is there a better way to do this? Thoughts? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
roisinkirby
Solução
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hey @SirJackson what content are you looking to pull from the email?

This article should help point you in the right direction: How can I share the web page version of my email with a social sharing module?

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
10 Respostas 10
HGriffiths
Colaborador(a)

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hey @ShariM ,

This has been published in response to another ticket from you, but I'm finding it hard to build as I'm not too pro yet at custom module building in Hubspot: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Social-Sharing-for-Email-in-Drag-and-Drop-edit...

Did this not work for you?

Any help and further thoughts are welcomed!

Thanks,

Harry

0 Avaliação positiva
ShariM
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Social sharing via email

resolver

Has anyone sorted out why the "new" drag and drop email editor as NO social sharing module (only a social follow one)? Has there been any resolution for this?

LPletzer
Participante

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hi, Shari! Did you ever get an answer to this? My eyes are crossing from all the googling I've done trying to make this happen.

ShariM

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hi, No...all the replies and answers I got from support were about the social follow module. (To add your company's channels to get followers) NOT about creating a link that lets viewers share the content of the email. At some point I worked out a very cumbersome way to do it manually, but in the end just gave up.  I still can't understand why @hubspot hasn't addressed this. 

LPletzer
Participante

Social sharing via email

resolver

Thank you so much for the quick response! If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post here. 😐

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hi @LPletzer & @ShariM,

while this option currently isn't available in the drag & drop editor, you could use this workaround that @alyssamwilie & @MatthewShepherd shared in this Community thread. 

I understand your use case here and how it would be beneficial to have a quick social share option for the email marketing content in the drag&drop editor, that's why I wanted to share these two Ideas Forum requests that other users have created:

We use the Ideas forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable. It would be great if you upvote the ideas and share your feedback in the comments. Thank you!

I hope this helps,

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

roisinkirby
Solução

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hey @SirJackson what content are you looking to pull from the email?

This article should help point you in the right direction: How can I share the web page version of my email with a social sharing module?

0 Avaliação positiva
ShariM

Social sharing via email

resolver

Is this function no longer supported? the page link doens't mention anything about the web version.

This  module used to work, but not longer seems to. It used to automatically share the page for blogs send via email. No longer does.

In addition, there isn't a social share module for the drag and drop email. 

Anyone have a solution?

SirJackson
Membro

Social sharing via email

resolver

Thanks for the reply. Got it figured out, plus the article you referenced was also helpful. Earning the HubSpot academy certifications is great, of course, but the nuts-and-bolts, hands-on of actually applying the tools and knowledge is lacking. Just gotta jump in and swim. Thanks again for your help.

~ jodie

BrightBull
Participante | Parceiro Diamante
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Social sharing via email

resolver

Hey @SirJackson can you share how you found the solution?