Email Marketing Tool

DmitriMartin
Mitglied

Single question email survey integration

lösung

I would like to create a single question email survey where the radio button images for each answer are links that pass a query string that identifys the profile and the question response  (note: no form tags).  I would like clicking on a link to add thier answer to a custom field in HubSpot CRM, and then take them to a landing page with a chart embeded that shows the current survey results.  (note: they would not have to click to submit a form on a web page)

The email wouldn't be sent using HubSpot but the landing page would be on a HubSpot website.  The primary question pertains to the [link>CRM>landing page] flow while the secondary question pertains to dynamically connecting the embeded chart to CRM data.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @DmitriMartin

I do not think you can do this with email link clicks and UTM paramerters alone, as HubSpot doesn't know how to link these to properties. 

The solution, I believe, is to create identical landing pages with different URLs that are linked from the different options in your email. 

HubSpot can then use the page view to set the contact property via a workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @DmitriMartin

I do not think you can do this with email link clicks and UTM paramerters alone, as HubSpot doesn't know how to link these to properties. 

The solution, I believe, is to create identical landing pages with different URLs that are linked from the different options in your email. 

HubSpot can then use the page view to set the contact property via a workflow. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
DmitriMartin
Mitglied

lösung

That's very clever.  How would the page know which contact is landing on it without passing something in the URL? 

If the only way is to pass something in the URL then, according to this article, UTM paramerters can be used to fill out a form.   

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-q...

The issue then is that I don't want someone to have to submit the form a second time after the've already done it once in the email as some people are bound to not complete the second step.  Perhaps some javascript could submit the form after the page loads but I would prefer if people didn't see that step.  Any ideas on how to make that possible?

Ultimately, I want people to click the email link and then go to a landing page with a chart embeded that shows the current survey results...all without using a third party survey app.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

lösung

Hi @DmitriMartin

If the contact email address is in HubSpot and the email is sent by HubSpot, then the automatic tracking in emails will tell it which contact has clicked and is on the page. So you should be fine with out extra tags. I'd test it first to be sure though. 

This is basically how I build NPS campaigns with three different landing pages for promoters, neutrals and detractors. 

Hope that helps.

dawn
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I'm wondering how you will get the survey results on the page?  How/where do you track that inside of HubSpot so it gets updated with each submission?

0 Upvotes
DmitriMartin
Mitglied

lösung

Therein lies the problem.  I can't use HubSpot for sending the emails.

Given that, would the URL plus javascript solution work?  Is there another way?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: ... single question email survey w/ radio button images linking w/ query strings that identifies the profile and the question response.  I would like the link to add thier answer to a custom field in HubSpot CRM, and then take them to a landing page thanking them for taking the survey all without ever having to click to submit a form on a web page

The email wouldn't necessarily need to be sent using HubSpot and the landing page wouldn't necessarily need to be on a HubSpot website, although either could be part of the solution. How can this be done?

(Original questions shown in answer just in case it changes ... again.)

Short A: Can't be done w/o a 3rd-party app.

Longer A

Since we're now NOT using HubSpot to send the email (as originally spec'ed) and the resulting links do NOT send to a HubSpot hosted page, this can't be done in HubSpot w/o a 3rd-party app.

There are numerous excellent reasons HubSpot (and most other email service providers) do NOT support forms in emails. The majority of these reasons stem from most email clients blocking all sorts of functionality (including forms).

Even a HubSpot API call wouldn't solve this request since part of the spec is to take them to a Thank You Page (aka: a kind of webpage).

Maybe ... take the survey question out of the email and put it on a landing page instead?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com