Email Marketing Tool

CFord14

Simplest way to re-engage an unengaged contact

SOLVE

We have some specific contacts who want to receive our marketing emails but are currently classified as unengaged. What is the simplest way to give these contacts the ability to re-engage? I do NOT want to uncheck the box to send emails to unengaged contacts in general. But if I could send an email to everyone saying, "If you would like to continue receiving our marketing emails, please do this....." that would be great. My question is, what is the "this" I need them to do that would cause Hubspot to re-engage them? Thanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFord14,

@CFord14 wrote:

What is the simplest way to give these contacts the ability to re-engage? I do NOT want to uncheck the box to send emails to unengaged contacts in general.

This is actually the perfect example of why you should not check this box. It's not reliable anymore, also due to how iOS now handles open tracking.

If these contacts want to receive your emails, that suggests that they have in fact in the past interacted with your emails (an email open would suffice!) but HubSpot was not able to register it – which means that you're potentially suppressing emails to contacts who are not unengaged.

The action these contacts would have to take, see the link above, is to open just one email. Just one. Then the "Sends since last engagement" counter would go to 0 and the checkbox would not exclude them anymore.

So here are the options I see for you:

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CFord14,

@CFord14 wrote:

What is the simplest way to give these contacts the ability to re-engage? I do NOT want to uncheck the box to send emails to unengaged contacts in general.

This is actually the perfect example of why you should not check this box. It's not reliable anymore, also due to how iOS now handles open tracking.

If these contacts want to receive your emails, that suggests that they have in fact in the past interacted with your emails (an email open would suffice!) but HubSpot was not able to register it – which means that you're potentially suppressing emails to contacts who are not unengaged.

The action these contacts would have to take, see the link above, is to open just one email. Just one. Then the "Sends since last engagement" counter would go to 0 and the checkbox would not exclude them anymore.

So here are the options I see for you:

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes