Signature too long with Gmail - using Hubspot free signature tool

SOLVE
gil1001
Top Contributor

Not sure this is the place for this question but did anyone tried using Hubspot free signature tool for their company's signature? I've created one, but when I copy it to Gmail, I get an error saying that the signature is too long.

When searching for it online it says that the HTML code should not be longer than 10,000, counted and it is about 2000. Yet, it still gives me this error. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @gil1001,

I also ran into this issue with Google. I originally had social icons and a meetings button included. When I removed the social icons, it allowed me to paste it in because it removed enough characters. 

I had to completely refresh the Gmail settings page in order for it to work appropriately.

As far as the character count, I'm not exactly sure why you're seeing such a difference between the generator, the character counter, and gmail itself.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @gil1001,

I also ran into this issue with Google. I originally had social icons and a meetings button included. When I removed the social icons, it allowed me to paste it in because it removed enough characters. 

I had to completely refresh the Gmail settings page in order for it to work appropriately.

As far as the character count, I'm not exactly sure why you're seeing such a difference between the generator, the character counter, and gmail itself.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
gil1001
Top Contributor

Removing the social icond did the work, thank you

0 Upvotes
BlueJaySocial
Participant

I've been having this problem and have been working on solving it, much like a crossword, for about 2 hours. My eyes are stinging something rotten! Need to sleep but this has become a compulsion... Smiley Very Happy

I realised straight away it only started causing me problems when I added in the social icons. I've only got three tiny little icons. 

Basic research on the web tells me it's not to do with the front-user side but the back-user side, all the coding behind the scenes. With those social media buttons it must be fairly sizable. Don't know why. I tried reducing tha names into those short urls, didn't help.

I want to solve this before I sleep It's 00:32 here. zzz

0 Upvotes