Setting up an email workflow

Hi,

I am about to set up an email workflow, however, I find this quite tricky and is now leaning against hiring someone to do this (due to risks of not sending at the right time, to wrong contacts, etc).

Say that it would be a five email flow during 14 days. How long time do you think this would take to set up? 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Superstar

Your question about how long only sparks more questions ...

- Are you using HubSpot Marketing emails or HubSpot sales sequences?
- If HubSpot Marketing email, are those email templates 100% completed?
- Is your email copy 100% complete?
- Have you setup Smart Lists to segment your contacts?
- Have you sent from HubSpot before? (uber important)
- Are you sending to verified email addresses? (uber important)
- Are you sending to EU recipients?
- Is your HubSpot portal setup 100% complete?

These are just some of the many important questions to which any experienced HubSpot certified marketer will be seeking answers before quoting "how long" anything takes.

Good luck with your project and have a great weekend.

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes

Hi,

I thought so as well.

Are you using HubSpot Marketing emails or HubSpot sales sequences?

- I am using HubSpot Marketing Emails

If HubSpot Marketing email, are those email templates 100% completed?

- Yes, they are

Is your email copy 100% complete?

- Well, almost. About 95% done. 

Have you setup Smart Lists to segment your contacts?

- Smart lists? 
Have you sent from HubSpot before? (uber important)

- Yes, I have!
Are you sending to verified email addresses? (uber important)

- Verified in what way? Verified in our own system or in HubSpot? - How is a contact verified through HubSpot?
Are you sending to EU recipients?

- Some of them are EU recipients, yes!

Is your HubSpot portal setup 100% complete?

- Well, are there any crucial parts that are mandatory to have complete? I took over the administrator role from a colleague who set up most of our account. 

So, probably I am in need of someone who also can help guide us through the most crucial parts of this, in order to achieve as great result as possible.

Do you have any tips or recommendations or what I should have in mind, in my search for this kind of resource?

Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

Have you setup Smart Lists to segment your contacts?
- Smart lists?
- see Create active (smart, dynamic) or static lists

Are you sending to verified email addresses? (uber important)
- Verified in what way? Verified in our own system or in HubSpot? - How is a contact verified through HubSpot?
HubSpot doesn't verify email addresses per se, but hard bounces count against your sender reputation. (speaks to deliverability over time) So, depending on how new your list is, we recommend verifying first outside of HubSpot. (important)

Are you sending to EU recipients?
- Some of them are EU recipients, yes!

Is your HubSpot portal setup 100% complete?
- Well, are there any crucial parts that are mandatory to have complete?

Perfect, considering that you're sending to EU recipients complete GDPR setup is essential. (Our clients don't like fines!)

I took over the administrator role from a colleague who set up most of our account.
If that person left the company, do not delete them as a HubSpot User in your portal. Downgrade their access to nothing instead. (important ... will save time/questions later)

Lots of great HubSpot resources right here ...
We like working with guys who contribute to the HubSpot Community because clients get to actually SEE/HEAR what other clients and pros have to say about them before handing over the keys to their Formula One marketing platform. It's as close to real-world try-before-you-buy as it gets!

If your need is immediate (with urgency), try OnTheBench.io built by MPULL, the HubSpot Diamond Agency Partner in Capetown, South Africa.

Need designers/developers -- check-out the Design Forum to see who's popular -- we like @Stephanie-OG and @tjoyce. Sometimes, they're available on short notice. If not, their code is flawless, so it's worth the wait.

Need HubSpot Sales Pros -- @Josh and the HubSpot Gold team over at Protocol 80 have a great reputation here in the community. And Josh is a HubSpot Certified Trainer to boot.

Need Marketing Pros for ongoing soup-to-nuts project work ... that'd be us! We play well with others too. haha 🙂

Feel free to reachout anytime.

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Advisor

Hey @MFrankJohnson , I'm curious what the logic is behind demoting an old admin instead of removing them? Is it to avoid the Deactivated User attribution?  I see it every so often because of support or our onboarding consultants but not sure what impact it has.

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

Precisely @ConnorSlivensky ... deactivated user attribution.

Periodically, when we have to troubleshoot existing issues, customizations, integrations, whatever, knowing the name(s) of legacy person(s) involved is helpful. This is uber useful when those persons are from outside the company and we have to hunt them down like dogs. haha

Saves lots of time answering those questions like, "who built this crazy custom property named 'Never Delete This Custom Property'"? 😉

De-escalate their permissions to 'nothing' instead, then task for deletion after decprecation or a reasonable period passes (e.g., 6 months).

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

0 Upvotes