Email Marketing Tool

archai
Membro

Setting an contact property after sending an email

resolver

Scenario: In our contact database we have a list of people in a particular industry sector (in this case Financial Services) and want to send them an email about an e-book we have produced, but ideally only want to send them the email about the e-book once. Is it possible to send a marketing email and then set a property on the contact so that we can exempt them from future emails on the same subject.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
shearn
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

In my opinion, the best way to do with would be to just create a list of all those that you've sent the email to using the 'Contact was sent email' filter and next time around you can just include that list in the 'Don't send to' section in the Recipients tab.

Alternatively, and this involves a little more work, you can create a custom contact property using multiple checkboxes that lists all the different offers you have and then create workflows that check the corresponding box to document whether a contact has been sent, opened, clicked, downloaded, etc. the offer. But, this will really only work if you're sending a series of emails via Workflows and not so much 1-off bulk sends, as they require lists.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
shearn
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

In my opinion, the best way to do with would be to just create a list of all those that you've sent the email to using the 'Contact was sent email' filter and next time around you can just include that list in the 'Don't send to' section in the Recipients tab.

Alternatively, and this involves a little more work, you can create a custom contact property using multiple checkboxes that lists all the different offers you have and then create workflows that check the corresponding box to document whether a contact has been sent, opened, clicked, downloaded, etc. the offer. But, this will really only work if you're sending a series of emails via Workflows and not so much 1-off bulk sends, as they require lists.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
archai
Membro

resolver

Brilliant, that worked perfectly although I have managed to refine it a bit so that peope who have received the email and clicked the link are excluded.

0 Avaliação positiva