Email Marketing Tool

CBang
Participant

Set up notifications if an email is not sent to a contact

Hello,

I want to be able to receive a notification if an email is not sent to a contact. Not only if it bounced, but also if it was not sent at all, e.g. if a contact has written their email wrong.

I know you can set up some form of email notifications in the workflow, where you can insert a if/then branch, and then check if the marketing email was 'sent but not delivered' or if it 'bounced when sent'. But also need the notification if an email was 'Not sent'.

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LewTalon
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Hi @CBang 

Currently there is no option for "Not Sent" - however if you select "Email was sent to contact" as the branch criteria, anything that falls down the No branch would indicate they have not been sent the email. 

Hope this helps!

CBang
Participant

Hi @LewTalon 

Thanks for the input! For now I have two brances after an email: "Bounced/Not received" and "Received". For the "Bounced/Not received" I have set 'Email was sent but not delivered' and 'Email bounced when sent' as the branch criteria, which will trigger an internal email notification letting us know. For the other branch "Received" I have set "If none of the criteria are met, go here:" as the criteria, because then I expect the email has been sent and delivered, and then the contact will just finish the workflow as usual.

But would it be better to have the branch-criteria set to "Email was delivered to contact" *, which will go to the "Received"-branch, and then have "If none of the criteria are met, go here:" which will go to the "Bounced/Not received" branch, which will trigger the notification? * Or should it be "Email was sent to contact"? (Not entirely sure of the difference between sent and delivered)

0 Upvotes