Email Marketing Tool

Jason1969
Participant

Sending out Email - filters

SOLVE

Like some guidance or stories from users around when sending out emails for a campaign what filters I need to make sure I have and/or which are auto filters through the system.

-Do I need to filter on Marketing status set to change, on monthly update

-Filter out bounces or automatic filter out

-Filter out unsubscribed or automatic filter out.

Any thing else to look for?

Many thanks

Jas

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jason1969,

HubSpot will automatically exclude previous hard bounces and unsubscribed contacts – that's something that you do not need to take care of. (If you want to identify these contacts you can do so by creating lists and filtering for Email hard bounce reason, Unsubscribed from all email and Opted out of ..., you'd be able to find these contacts.)

By default however, HubSpot is not checking whether you have a legal basis for communicating with contacts on a list. (There are GDPR settings for that. This is where things get a bit more complex.) HubSpot will suppress contacts who have opted out but HubSpot will not make sure that you're only communicating with contacts who have (been) opted-in. The opt-status of a contact (their subscriptions) can be managed following these steps.

In addition to that, these are the segments of your database which you could consider suppressing:

Exclude contacts with low engagement (see here)

Exclude contacts who have received similar communication before

Exclude contacts who speak other languages than the one your email is sent in (if you're doing business internationally)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jason1969
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this matter, just end of the week issues.

Thank you for the information, we just need to review our process to delay with graymail and so our sunset policy and make sure un-engaged contacts are taken out of our marketing pots.

Thanks

Jason

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jason1969,

HubSpot will automatically exclude previous hard bounces and unsubscribed contacts – that's something that you do not need to take care of. (If you want to identify these contacts you can do so by creating lists and filtering for Email hard bounce reason, Unsubscribed from all email and Opted out of ..., you'd be able to find these contacts.)

By default however, HubSpot is not checking whether you have a legal basis for communicating with contacts on a list. (There are GDPR settings for that. This is where things get a bit more complex.) HubSpot will suppress contacts who have opted out but HubSpot will not make sure that you're only communicating with contacts who have (been) opted-in. The opt-status of a contact (their subscriptions) can be managed following these steps.

In addition to that, these are the segments of your database which you could consider suppressing:

Exclude contacts with low engagement (see here)

Exclude contacts who have received similar communication before

Exclude contacts who speak other languages than the one your email is sent in (if you're doing business internationally)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.