Email Marketing Tool

AMS17

Sending newsletter to non-marketing contacts

SOLVE

Hi,

I have an email marketing subscription with a maximum of 3k marketing contacts. For sending out newsletters, I have to set our clients' contact to marketing contacts. I want to send the company newsletter to everyone in my organization. How can I do that without putting them as marketing contacts?

Also, the link to the web browser view of the newsletter doesn't work. It asks people to log in to view the link and still it doesn't work.

Please help. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMS17,

If you want to send marketing emails to contacts, these contacts have to be marketing contacts. Unless you have the transactional email add-on, there isn't any way around that. This is a billing feature and HubSpot wants you to pay for the contacts that you want to have marketing interactions with.

@AMS17 wrote:

Also, the link to the web browser view of the newsletter doesn't work. It asks people to log in to view the link and still it doesn't work.

This sounds like you're not using the web version but an internal preview link (e.g. a link copied from the address bar or a preview link). Could you double check that you're using the web version functionality?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danaland
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi there! For the issue of "Also, the link to the web browser view of the newsletter doesn't work. It asks people to log in to view the link and still it doesn't work." You can prevent this by connecting a domain as a web version. This will stop the log in prompt. 🙂

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 4.28.32 PM.png

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@AMS17 newsletters are technically (and functionally) marketing emails. As @karstenkoehler mentioned, you do have to send them to marketing contacts. The way I've avoided adding team members to HubSpot as marketing contacts is to add myself, then forward it from my email to an "all" designation in my company. 

As for the other question, I agree with Karsten. It sounds like a preview issue versus creating a web version of your email

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AMS17,

If you want to send marketing emails to contacts, these contacts have to be marketing contacts. Unless you have the transactional email add-on, there isn't any way around that. This is a billing feature and HubSpot wants you to pay for the contacts that you want to have marketing interactions with.

@AMS17 wrote:

This sounds like you're not using the web version but an internal preview link (e.g. a link copied from the address bar or a preview link). Could you double check that you're using the web version functionality?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.