Sending a marketing email to costumer which didn't get it earlierSOLVE
Jan 30, 2020 5:30 AM
We have a Marketing Hub Professional account and just sent out a marketing email,
to a list of leads that included all contacts (besides customers (won deals)).
It turned out that our list is missing a large part of the contacts,
can you filter the contacts somehow so the marketing email will be sent only to those contacts who didn't get it earlier?
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Jan 30, 2020 7:57 AM
Yes, there are a few ways to do this. First clone the email you want to send. Now you can either 1) create a list of contacts who received the email and add them as an exclusion list to your email along with the full list to send the email to or 2) create a list of target contacts and filter out those that received your last email.
1) Send to full list with an exclusion list of contacts to not send to
- Create a new contact list filtering it by "Marketing emails", select the name of the email in question that you sent out, and then select "contact was sent email" (this is your exclusion list.)
- Now when selecting whom to send your cloned email to add your full contact list (the one you should have targeted originally) and then add the list from the previous step as an exclusion list.
2) Create a list of contacts excluding those that received the last email
- Create a list of those who were sent the mail -> "Marketing emails", select the name of the email in question that you sent out, and then select "contact was sent email" (this is your exclusion list.)
- Create your full target contact list (the one you should have targeted originally) and to this list add an additional filter of AND 'list membership' -> 'contact is not member of list'->choose the list that you created in the previous step.
- Now use the filtered list from the last step as your cloned email recipient list.