Email Marketing Tool

adawebcheckers4

Sending Mass Campaigns to Unconfirmed Contacts

SOLVE

I understand HubSpots policy that you can't send spammy emial marketing campaigns to large lists of unconfirmed contacts but these are existing clients from my company that I have simply transfered over to HubSpot.

How do I get them confirmed without having to send some weird subscribe email.

I've made a template which it looks like I can't even send on an indivual level when you try to email from the specific contact page.

Please help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adawebcheckers4,

HubSpot doesn't technically block you from emailing these contacts. According to their policy, you just need to have a legal basis for processing their data and communicating with them. If you want to manually confirm them (double opt-in), that's also possible.

Here's how you can make these changes, even though these aren't technically required. It's just good CRM hygiene:

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
adawebcheckers4

SOLVE

Appreciate the deatailed response but its saying I don't have permission to perform that function.Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 6.41.22 PM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adawebcheckers4,

Can you reach out to an admin (likely the person who invited you into your HubSpot portal) and ask them to check whether you have edit permissions for all contacts?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/edit-user-permissions

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

adawebcheckers4

SOLVE

I am not sure who my admin is or how to contact anyone to get this resolved.

All I can say is I am a starter memeber for: markewting, sales, service, CRM, & operations.

Is this setting not included and if not how do I pay for it? This is quite confusing.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adawebcheckers4,

Are you a super admin in your portal? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/hubspot-user-permissions-guide#super-admin

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
adawebcheckers4

SOLVE

I really appreciate the help but it seems like you are unclear of a solution here.

Becasue I don't have the plus plus super package I dont think I can create a help ticket either. 

Is there a technical support line you can refer me to for cases like this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adawebcheckers4,

If you are on the Starter subscription, you can submit a ticket via email through the in-app help center. Click the purple help widget in the lower right corner to contact support or the question mark icon in the menu bar – whichever shows up.

@adawebcheckers4 wrote:

it seems like you are unclear of a solution here.

What you're experiencing is buggy permissions behavior that does not have to with your original question. One I can influence, the other not. I laid out a detailed solution and background information in my first reply. The fact the product has hiccups is not under my control.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
adawebcheckers4

SOLVE

Yes, its my company and account.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 2.32.58 PM.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adawebcheckers4,

HubSpot doesn't technically block you from emailing these contacts. According to their policy, you just need to have a legal basis for processing their data and communicating with them. If you want to manually confirm them (double opt-in), that's also possible.

Here's how you can make these changes, even though these aren't technically required. It's just good CRM hygiene:

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes