Email Marketing Tool

CGalban

Sending Marketing Email to Individuals not associated with a Company

SOLVE

We are using HubSpot to send out a company update for our start-up. Most of our list is individuals and prospective investors who don't have companies associated with them. HubSpot won't let me send an email without this information, which NA to most of our list. Is there a way around this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGalban,

This popup relates to the footer information of your own company (which is legally required), not the company information of the receiving contact.

This article does a great job of walking you through the necessary steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-customize-my-can-spam-email-footer

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGalban,

This popup relates to the footer information of your own company (which is legally required), not the company information of the receiving contact.

This article does a great job of walking you through the necessary steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/can-i-customize-my-can-spam-email-footer

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CGalban

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. This was very helpful. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGalban,

You should be able to send email to contacts or contact lists, regardless of whether these contacts have a company associated with them or not. (However, you can't send emails to company lists. This is not supported in HubSpot. Only the contact object can be emailed.)

Could you share the error message that you're running into? There might be other issues at play, e.g. previous or global hard bounces, opt outs, suppression lists, contact access/communication permissions etc

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CGalban

SOLVE

Hi Karsten- i was sending a test email to one of my contacts and when I hit SEND, it brought up the company info field and wouldn't let me proceed unless I entered a company name and address. 

0 Upvotes