Email Marketing Tool

UnmeshL
Participant

Sending Email Through Totango

Hi Community,

We have two departments that use different CRMs, Dept A uses Hubspot and Dept B uses Totango. So far, Dept A has been sending out emails to our customers using Hubspot, but because of some process consolidation, all customer emails now need to be routed through Dept B on Totango.

My questions are:

1. Can emails designed on Hubspot be sent directly through Totango?

2. How does reporting for email and campaign statistics work?

3. What would need to be done to make this happen? Do we require a full integration, or is there a partial integration we can do, since I think we can make everyone happy if we just send the emails through Totango and capture the data back in Hubspot for reporting?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @UnmeshL ,

I would like to answer your query one by one. 

1. No. (because the marketing emails are created in HubSpot and sent out from our servers)
  2. Email reports are similar to that of blog analytics where you will click into each email sent and analyse the stats HubSpot provide - see here 
  3. Will not work because 1 will not work.

So at the end of the day, the emails created inside HubSpot uses our tools that integrates nicely with your contact database in HubSpot that allows us to track and analyse the email performance.

HubSpot do have an existing integration with totango here note however, upon glancing through the integration, it seems like it will only sync contacts into HubSpot (marketing emails still need to be sent via HubSpot)

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
UnmeshL
Participant

Thanks @bsheen , I will look into these and get back.

0 Upvotes
bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @UnmeshL,

Thanks for reaching out!

Although I am not familiar with Totango, I did find an integration for HubSpot.
-see Totango HubSpot Integration

1. While the focus of this integration seems to be more data-related, the features state it integrates with the Email Marketing and Email Sequence features in HubSpot. As this integration is free (from a Totano account with a global admin user or a user with Customer Data Hub permissions), I think giving it a test drive would be a good call! You can also reach out to Totano's support with further questions about using emails designed in HubSpot here: support@totango.com.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 4.40.35 PM.png
2. How does reporting for email and campaign statistics work?
A few links I wanted to share here. Please feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions on this. 
- Understand HubSpot Sales email open and click tracking 
Analyze your marketing email campaign performance 

- Analyze campaign performance in the campaign analytics tool

3. Do we require a full integration, or is there a partial integration we can do, since I think we can make everyone happy if we just send the emails through Totango and capture the data back in Hubspot for reporting?
I think giving the integration a try would be a very worthwhile investment. I also think reaching out to Totano's support directly to understand the email capabilities of the integration would be a good idea. That being said, I can also see a possible solution where you use a BCC or Forwarding address from the Totano send to log the emails to HubSpot, but we would not have Open/Click data here.
-see Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address

I hope this helps! Happy to discuss this further here!

Best,

Brendan