Send to a filtered version of a list

Occasional Contributor

I would find it very useful if I could send emails to a filterd version of a list so that I don't have to create new lists for every other email (as it feels for now).

Is it possible or do I send it as a feature request?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hey @hannalofving could you please explain what you mean by 'filtered version of a list'? Which tools are you using/do you have access to? In other words, are you using Marketing Hub Free, Starter, Pro or Enterprise?

Thanks in advance for following up with this context as it will help get you the best answer Smiley Happy

@Kevin_ThinkFuel I've noticed you've contributed some knowledge r.e. Marketing Hub functionality and best practice. Do you have any recommendations for @hannalofving r.e. list management for emails?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor | Silver Partner

Hi @hannalofving I can see where you're coming from with this question and it does seem like it would need to be made as a feature request, but just to make sure there isn't another way to handle it could you let me know which version of HubSpot you currently have and a bit of a rundown on the use case? For example, what is the situation when you need to send to a partial list but then not save that list for future use? There may be some other tools that could help achieve the same result.

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Kevin_ThinkFuel and @roisinkirby

We have Sales Pro, Website and Marketing Professional. 

For an example - We have lists for all of our customers divided according to which system they have (we are reselling 13 different business systems). A lot of our customers have more than one system.

If system X has 1000 connected contacts and 14 of the contacts also happens to have system Y. I would like to send to only this 14 contacts. Here i want to be able to select the list "Customers with system X" and add the filter "Contact/company property System: contains Y" without beeing forced to create a new list.

This is just one example, and because of our many systems/products the combinations are a lot and this kind of filter would help us not to drown in our lists. The same is for all our leads and other contacts not customers (yet), we are marking them with intrerest for different system information.

I often find myself creating lists for just one marketing email and it feels unnecessarily. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Silver Partner

Hi @hannalofving

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Based on what you're saying, I think that would have to be entered as a feature request, it's a great idea though.

Cheers,

Kevin

Chief Marketing Enthusiast with ThinkFuel Marketing

Marketing is a problem. Problems need to be solved.

www.ThinkFuel.ca

0 Upvotes