Email Marketing Tool

StacyZ
Contributor

Send email to "List" and ask them to update record

SOLVE

I have a list of about 30 contacts. I want to send them an email and ask them to update their current record.  I would want the person to see what we currently have for their contact information and provide the ability for them to make updates/additions and have that automatically update their contact record in Hubspot. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StacyZ,

I would recommend:

• Pulling data from their contact record into the email using personalization tokens
  • Linking to a HubSpot form which contains the same properties used in the email

When they submit the form, it will update the properties on the contact record provided they are using the same email address.

You could also add a CTA that says something like, "Everything Looks Correct" in which you could track the fact that they have verified everything you are showing is accurate.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StacyZ ,

I can't think of any functionality we have that would allow them to view their current profile information.

However, there is one thing that springs to mind. In a form we have the ability to Auto-populate form fields with a query string

We could theoretically send contacts an email with this query string link and use personalisation tokens to prefill their existing value

For example, here's how that might look https://share.hsforms.com/1SLB5bZrLTdyy1F6Gpcvr5A5dl64?email=test@hubspot.com

So instead of hard coding the value in, we can use a personalisation token so that it will automatically pre-fill the data depending on who the contact being sent the email is.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @StacyZ,

I would recommend:

• Pulling data from their contact record into the email using personalization tokens
  • Linking to a HubSpot form which contains the same properties used in the email

When they submit the form, it will update the properties on the contact record provided they are using the same email address.

You could also add a CTA that says something like, "Everything Looks Correct" in which you could track the fact that they have verified everything you are showing is accurate.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

StacyZ
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, I'll try this!

0 Upvotes