Email Marketing Tool

jrose78
Participant

Send copy of form submission to user?

SOLVE

Is it possible to send a copy of the form submission to the person who filled out the form so they have a copy of what they submitted? 

3 Accepted solutions
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only way to do this would be to forward them the form submission notification email that you would receive in your inbox if you have yourself set up to receive notifications.

Other than that you would have to add their email to the form under 'Notified when submitted' section on the form itself, but this would send them every submission which I'm sure you wouldn't want to do. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

jrose78
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I figured out a solution. I was able to add personalization tokens to the automated follow-up email, which includes the information the client submitted on the form. 

jrose78
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Allison,

The best solution that I found was to add in Personalization Tokens from the form into the body of the email. For example, if you wanted the contact's first name and last name in the email, you would add the Personalization Token "First Name" and "Last Name" into the email template. And so on and so forth for the other custom fields that you have created.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
AlecOlson

SOLVE

Yes, it's totally possible!

Currently, I'm working on a project that includes sending a form submission confirmation to the person who filled out the form. 

The scenario:

A person registers for a class with our company. After filling out the form, he/she is sent an email with the registration details. 

The solution:

We set up a workflow to send a follow-up email. Once the person fills out the form, an email gets sent immediately afterward. The automation email includes personalization tokens that display the information submitted in the form, which is based on contact properties. 

So, just as you would with a contact's name, you can use those same contact properties to display information like price, time and date, and more. 

I hope this helps!

rachelbjordan
Participant

SOLVE

Any other approaches to this?

I know I can set forms so that all submissions go to certain email addresses.

But, for instance, I'd like a paying client's Contact Us submission to go to member success...and a non-client's Contact Us submission to go to sales.

Without both member succes and sales having to receive form alerts for every Contact Us and then figuring it out.

Is this doable?

jrose78
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I figured out a solution. I was able to add personalization tokens to the automated follow-up email, which includes the information the client submitted on the form. 

RPanchal
Participant

SOLVE

How to do that can you please explain it to me in brief?

0 Upvotes
donnakat1
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

The only issue is that if they fill in a form multiple times like a customer filling in a RFQ for multiple jobs, the personalization tokens will send all of the answered fields even if they did not fill some in every time. Is there a way to only have it send info that was filled in and hide fields that were not?

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only way to do this would be to forward them the form submission notification email that you would receive in your inbox if you have yourself set up to receive notifications.

Other than that you would have to add their email to the form under 'Notified when submitted' section on the form itself, but this would send them every submission which I'm sure you wouldn't want to do. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
apexpred
Contributor

SOLVE

I think this is a bit of a tacky workaround to forms, wouldn't much rather create an email entry in the User's timeline to which you can easily respond and it will already have their enquiry so they would know what this is referring to? Kind of like a ticketing system? 

0 Upvotes
AllisonAltus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @shearn i have a similar issue. I have a contact us/enquiry form on my website. When the form is completed and depending what region they select on the form, i want to send that form submission to my sales office in that region.  I have created a workflow to automatically send an email to the regional sales office but all it does is send an email, it does not attach the form submission. Any advice much appreciated! 

Kind regards

Allison 

jrose78
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Allison,

The best solution that I found was to add in Personalization Tokens from the form into the body of the email. For example, if you wanted the contact's first name and last name in the email, you would add the Personalization Token "First Name" and "Last Name" into the email template. And so on and so forth for the other custom fields that you have created.

0 Upvotes
jrose78
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes