Email Marketing Tool

paigeleslie
Colaborador

Send automated email to contact populated with information from associated contact

resolver

Hello! We offer one-to-one tutoring where about half our customers are under 18s and have a parent who pays for their lessons. We've decided to connect these Family units as Companies, so the company is for example Arnold Family, with two contacts connected, the parent and the child. When booking a new student, we'll put all the lesson information on the student's contact. We've created a lesson confirmation automatic email that populates lesson information from the student here, but we're wondering if we can have it automatically sent to the parent as well? Is there a way to set up a Workflow that sends an email to all people under a company, where it only populates the dynamic fields based on the one contact?

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Send automated email to contact populated with information from associated contact

resolver

Hi @paigeleslie,

With your current setup, that's not possible. When you're working with personalization tokens, HubSpot will always pull the information from the contact (which is in this case the recipient). If an email was sent to a parent contact record, the personalization tokens would look at the parent property values, not the student's.

For a workaround, you'd have to store the lesson information on the company record. Information on the company record can be referenced in automated emails. A parent contact could then receive the same email as the student record. This of course only works if there is just one family member who is a student.

If that sounds feasible to you, you can easily copy contact information into company records with a workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1624890359729.png

(I'd recommend thinking about re-enrollment here, especially if course information can change. In that case, use the "is known" criterion for re-enrollment, it will trigger when the field is changed.)

In general, lessons might be a good use case for custom objects (available in Enterprise). This is of course not a quick fix and should be evaluated thoroughly.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @paigeleslie,

With your current setup, that's not possible. When you're working with personalization tokens, HubSpot will always pull the information from the contact (which is in this case the recipient). If an email was sent to a parent contact record, the personalization tokens would look at the parent property values, not the student's.

For a workaround, you'd have to store the lesson information on the company record. Information on the company record can be referenced in automated emails. A parent contact could then receive the same email as the student record. This of course only works if there is just one family member who is a student.

If that sounds feasible to you, you can easily copy contact information into company records with a workflow like the one below:

karstenkoehler_0-1624890359729.png

(I'd recommend thinking about re-enrollment here, especially if course information can change. In that case, use the "is known" criterion for re-enrollment, it will trigger when the field is changed.)

In general, lessons might be a good use case for custom objects (available in Enterprise). This is of course not a quick fix and should be evaluated thoroughly.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.