Email Marketing Tool

fannykuhn
Participant

See Marketing Email Activity in Company View

SOLVE

Hello!

We have recently started working with marketing emails in Hupspot. When I go to a certain contact, I can see that a certain marketign email was sent to this person, which is great. I wonder, how can I make the same thing show in the Company view for the Company that the contact is associated with? 

To clarify, I want to see all the marketign email activity (sent, opened) for each of the associated contacts, in the Company view. Is this possible somehow? 

Many thanks, 

Fanny 

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fannykuhn ,

To my knowledge this is not possible, because the entity Company is a CRM/Sales entity and does not register any marketing activity, only sales ones. For example one-to-one sales emails to contacts associated with the company, will be featured there. But marketing activities such as page visits, email or ad activity will not.

BUT If you are on a HubSpot Professional license, you have probably noticed the newly added Target Accounts  item in the Contacts menu. This is an Account Based Marketing tool that will provide you with some extra information. If you take a look on the Company record, you'll notice a 'Account overview' section in the right sidebar. This is linked to the information the ABM tools gather. You will be able to see 'latest engagement' and here marketing activities will be featured. Paid Sales Hub users will be able to see more info.

Of course, you could probably build work-arounds with workflows to fill extra marketing info in company properties - but I think that's not worth the effort. Since viewing the marketing activities of the associated contacts of a Company or Contact is just a click away.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JenWallace
Contributor

SOLVE

I actually have the same concern and question.  If you found a way around it, can you please share.  To send our sales contacts at companies a company email, say a program update, it has to be sent through the Marketing email platform, using marketing hub.  It is important to track who received and opened it at a company level.  Legally we have to show the data on renewal messages etc.  Those are all sent out via Marketing emails.  And setting up every customer as a "target account" isn't feasible either.  So if there is some other way to accomplish this I would appreciate the insight.  Thank you

0 Upvotes
fannykuhn
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Jen, sady I never found a solution to this - only to click into each contact to check. 

I hope that they listen to us and improve the view! Best of luck, 
Fanny 

0 Upvotes
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @fannykuhn ,

To my knowledge this is not possible, because the entity Company is a CRM/Sales entity and does not register any marketing activity, only sales ones. For example one-to-one sales emails to contacts associated with the company, will be featured there. But marketing activities such as page visits, email or ad activity will not.

BUT If you are on a HubSpot Professional license, you have probably noticed the newly added Target Accounts  item in the Contacts menu. This is an Account Based Marketing tool that will provide you with some extra information. If you take a look on the Company record, you'll notice a 'Account overview' section in the right sidebar. This is linked to the information the ABM tools gather. You will be able to see 'latest engagement' and here marketing activities will be featured. Paid Sales Hub users will be able to see more info.

Of course, you could probably build work-arounds with workflows to fill extra marketing info in company properties - but I think that's not worth the effort. Since viewing the marketing activities of the associated contacts of a Company or Contact is just a click away.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
sleong
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello all, I just wanted to clarify that the 'latest engagement' column in Target accounts doesn't include marketing emails or emails to multiple contacts.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 1.46.12 PM.png

fannykuhn
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you very much, this was a very helpful explanation! 

0 Upvotes