Email Marketing Tool

toricook
Top Contributor

Scheduling Email Sends - Checking Logic on Recipients in Dynamic Lists

SOLVE

Hi there,

I want to double-check the logic on something in HubSpot.

I have a dynamic list in HubSpot of contacts to send a marketing email to. I want to schedule an email to go to this list later in the week. I want to confirm that if I schedule it now, that it won't go to the current recipients in the list but rather the contacts in the list that are there on the time of the send. 

For example, let's say my list currently has 100 contacts. And I schedule my email for Thursday. Let's say that between the time I click "schedule" and the time it sends on Thursday, 10 additional people are added to that list. So the list on Thursday is 110. Will the email be sent to those 110 people on that day? Or does it only send to the 100 contacts that were in the list when I hit "schedule"?

I think it will send to the 110. But I have some complex logic in here and I need to be sure of it. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @toricook 

Yes, if you schedule an email to go to an active list, it will be sent to everyone on the list at the scheduled time (minus any exclusions or suppressions). 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @toricook 

Yes, if you schedule an email to go to an active list, it will be sent to everyone on the list at the scheduled time (minus any exclusions or suppressions). 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
GarethWeaver
Participant

SOLVE

What would happen if I had a static list referenced in an active list? Would the email send not look at the list until the time of send or when scheduled?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @GarethWeaver,

It will also apply for what @Phil_Vallender  mentioned, it will be sent to everyone on the list at the scheduled time. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PaulSelf

SOLVE

Can the emails be scheduled based on recipient's ideal time? Can Hubspot learn the open/reply/call/site visit times and learn when the ideal time to send an email would be per recipient as part of bulk email/workflow emails/individual emails? I know I can do this in other tools but my client is using hubspot and there is no need to switch platforms. 

The premise here is that people run patterns. They are (for example) checking emails at 4:30 am on M/W/F. If so, I want my emails to show up then. If no data is available due to a new conatct, then a scheduled time would be the default.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @PaulSelf ,

At the moment, if you have HubSpot Marketing Hub  Professional, Enterprise, you are able to send e-mails based in the contacts time-zone.

More information about it here: Schedule emails based on your recipients' time zones 

But there is not an option to select based on ideal time.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

toricook
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Awesome, thanks for confirming!

0 Upvotes