Email Marketing Tool

tomer
Participante

Saving an email draft in Hubspot CRM

resolver

Hello,

I integrated Hubspot with Gmail and was looking for a way to save an email draft before sending it.

Sometimes it might take a while to compose the email (as it contains technical information that is gathered for a few days).

Therefore, we have a need to start an email and edit it several times for a few days before sending it. Therefore, a draft capability will be great to have (same as in Gmail).

Is there such an option in Hubspot?

Thank you.

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @tomer,

The 'Log in CRM' feature of the HubSpot Sales plugin for chrome or outlook adds those emails to your contact time line in HubSpot. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

25 Respostas 25
FlyOnE
Participante

resolver

This is an absolutely critical feature that is sadly absent.

A HubSpot user wants to be able to managel the Client from the client timeline and communicate with them from that window, including email.  Without draft emails auto saving, sometimes a browser crash (not uncommon) will rob me of 10-60 minutes of work, depending on the detail in the email.

I've developed a habit of frequent CTRL-V slaps during emails to help mitigate this, but surely this can be  a nice customer-centric feature for HUBSPOT to add to their otherwise excellent CRM platform. 

I feel like my CR with hubspot is being mis-M by this critical and absent feature.

BPrice7
Participante

resolver

Any update on this? I have lost very long emails that have taken hours to complete, then gone. 

MRousseau
Membro

resolver

Hi!

Is this feature still not available in 2022? It's been 4 years now since this original post.

Thanks in advance for any updates.

Marie

RicardoU
Participante

resolver

@PamCotton 

Hello, 

Any update on this @hroberts ?

This has been reported in this thread since November 2018 https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Save-email-draft-in-CRM/idc-p/618825#M110125

This same issue was reported in July 2017 Here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Saving-an-email-draft-in-Hubspot-CRM/m-p/23519 

This is a really basic yet critical feature 3 years in the making? 

Kyla
Participante

resolver

@hubspot @jjohn 
I would very much like to echo this idea of the ability to save a draft in any email, service crm, marketing and sales. As many have mentioned:
- When composing an email and another more pressing item comes up, you come back to that mailer and hours of investigative reporting is now lost - most frustrating. 
- new or junoir employees often need their emails reviewed by a more senoir person. this is not possible. 
- drafts also need to be composed over days when investigative work is being done. 
- the idea is to have one integrated platform, not working off multiple programs, that is why many of us made the shift to have a centralised crm. 

I have been reading through all the comments and upvotes, what is scary is this feature request has been asked for since 2017 (as far as i can see) it is 3 years later and you are still asking us to upvote for product managers to notice the request. 
1. How many more upvotes or requests do you need for this feature to be bulit?
2. Many of us are paying a lot to use this platform and it is alarming that a feature so simple / obvious, that is also provided for in just about every crm platform, is not avalible and after 2 years still not built. 

I look forward to your reply and trust this will be addressed asap. 
Many thanks

Ps I have submitted this on the Ideas Forum Submission as Hubspot clearly makes it difficult for feature resquests to heard. 

Stephan_S
Participante

resolver

I just lost 2 hours of work when I mistakenly clicked the "X", closing the Hubspot email pop-up window. I typically use the Gmail plugin, but today I started an email while in Hubspot.

There was no warning that my entire email content would be lost. This is an absolute UX crime. Any user of email would expect a drafts component in an email interface.

Minimally, a warning message would be a simple way to patch the user experience. How has Hubspot been able to ignore this for so long? A UX crime...

MonikaS
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I just had the same situation!!

Something popped up in my window when I was drafting the email and all draft is GONE.

They even autosave these community messages, how come they do not do it for email functionality within CRM?

😞

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @MonikaS,

Thank you for your feedback, @Stephan_S I would like to apologize for the frustrations, data issues, and business impact this has caused. 

Investigating more about it, I was able to find a similar thread in our ideas forum here, where users would like this feature to be available in HubSpot.

Upvoting the idea will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here. The idea is currently in planning.

Kindly,

Pam 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Stephan_S
Participante

resolver

How many upvotes are necessary to take seriously a common sense feature request that's been around for over 2 years? 

JudahOME
Participante

resolver

Just lost an hours work because they lack this essential feature

FGrosdidier
Participante

resolver

In review of this topic, I came across this post. I would like to encourage your development team to review the topic of saving a draft email within HubSpot. I am a newer HubSpot user and I have already come across multiple scenarios where a "save draft" email option was extremely necessary. I have been told the best way to handle this currently is to create a note to save what I have had, or use a template. I don't believe this truly addresses the need for this functionality.

Thanks for reconsidering this functionality improvement!

charliepinker
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I would also find this feature really useful (i.e. to be able to save a draft email in Hubspot).

I send almost all my customer/prospect emails directly within Hubspot. For a start, I thought that's what the feature was intended for! But it is easier - if I'm working through my task list etc, and I need to send an email, I can do it there and then from Hubspot and then move on to my next task, without needing to go to Gmail.

jjohn
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Here is an Ideas Forum Submission asking for this feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Save-email-draft-in-CRM/idi-p/218243

Please comment with your use case and upvote to get the ball rolling on this feature. 

Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @tomer

The HubSpot CRM does not support the saving of draft email messages at the moment. I suppose the thinking is that salepeople should continue to use Gmail or Outlook for day to day email. 

The closest thing to saving drafts is creating template messages, a feature of HubSpot Sales Pro, but this is not the same of course. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
sockclub_custom
Participante

resolver

Hi, @Phil_Vallender! I echo @tomer's feeling about wanting to just work out of one window. I understand that there is a work-around, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a solution. I feel like I do not want to create a new post because I like the information and feedback on this one. Please advise. Thank you! 🙂

tomer
Participante

resolver

Thank you for the information.

So actually I'm not sure I understand the use case of using emails from within HubSpot.

If the sales people should mainly still use their own client (gmail, outlook, etc.), when would they use Hubspot's email?

It seems odd to sometimes use one and sometimes the other, because then you'll have a mess - not all conversations will be logged in HubSpot unless you log them manually (which can be a pain and will never happen in real world).

Will be glad to hear your thoughts.

sockclub_custom
Participante

resolver

Echoing @tomer - we are looking to minimize the amount of windows and steps that we are working in throughout the day. Drafts could be very helpful for the more complicated emails!

MW
Participante

resolver

I totally agree!

mwhite051
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

One of the beneifts of sending emails through HubSpot was for users who were not using a supported email server to send their emails (aka not using Gmail or Outlook). I prefer to use my email client for day-to-day emailing and am pleased that the integration allows me to do that, but without that functionality sending in the HubSpot environment would allow for tracked emails and logging. 

0 Avaliação positiva
tomer
Participante

resolver

Thanks for that. Is there a way to show the emails you're sending from Gmail inside the customer's activity log in HubSpot? If not, how are you tracking that activity then?

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva