Email Marketing Tool

Mainata
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

Salutation rules in e-mail

Hi guys,

we have a customer who uses an email template for more than 10 languages. We have managed to make some elements dynamic so far and they are played out according to the language.

But where we currently have a problem is the salutation. At first, we tried to create a module using Smart Rules, but it turned out that you cannot save it , neither as a "saved section" nor as an email template. You can actauly save it, but the smart rules are gone. This is of course pretty bad because it is simply not possible, to ask the users to create evreytime the smart rules for every new mailing they build.

We then thought of another way and tried to solve it with HubL and IF Statements, but it doesn't seem to work in emails either. We currently do not see any reasonable possibility that gives a normal UX and actually the CX of our customers is very important to us. As an agency, we also work with other marketing tools and know that such essential things as salutation rules are easy to handle, but unfortunately here at Hubpot that seems to be a problem.

Hence my question is, is there a sensible way of creating salutation rules in a template that supports multiple languages?

I thank you in advance for your help!

cheers
Mainata

4 Antworten
webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

Hi @Mainata ,

At this point of time, there isn't an option of creating salutation rules in a template for multiple language

That said, there has been a feature request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatically-set-the-correct-salutation/idi-p/25515...

The product team has visibility over these feature requests and I would encourage you to drop the idea an upvote to allow the request to gain more traction!

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Mainata

Hi @webdew ,

thank you very much for your answer and your time! I can appreciate that!

Please understand that I cannot take your answer as a solution. I need real problem solution. I suspect that there have been similar problems among the thousands of HubSpot customers and partners and that one or the other solution to the problem already exists, even if it could be a bit unorthodox. I suspect that HubSpot should also have some know-how about what is possible in such cases with the current HubSpot possibilities.

That's why I'm searching and I hope to find solutions 🙂

Thanks in advance!

With best regards
Mainata

0 Upvotes
webdew

Hi @Mainata ,

Please consider the correct link. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatically-set-the-correct-salutation/idi-p/255157

I think my suggestion in this case, would be to create a custom property for each contact that contains their correct salutation. Then, you could use personalisation tokens to populate emails with the correct salutation. I think it will make sense. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Mainata

Hi @webdew ,

thank you very much for your awesome help!

We actually already thought that we could use the contact properties to maintain the salutation for every contact, but unfortunately, that will not be a 100% solution. We have a colleague who is very good at Pyton and can do optimal data cleansing and data enrichment. We also suggested this to our customers, but this will be only one-time service. If we do everything perfectly and the customers have clean data in HubSpot for a moment, then we know that in reality, it won't stay that way for long. The customers get data from all possible channels and they can't manage to get 100% clean data. That's why we always need a third salutation option for persons with unknown gender, so what I mean is:

female => Dear Ms.
male => Dear Mr.
unknown => Dear Sir or Madam

So we will not be able to cover “unknown” with this problem solution.

We also had the idea to control the whole thing via workflows, but unfortunately, that doesn't help us even with "unknown".

That is why we are still looking for a 100% solution.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards
Mainata

0 Upvotes