Email Marketing Tool

jmh117
Participant

Sales Documents in Marketing Emails

Is there a way to dynamically link to a sales document in a "marketing" email? Right now I can create the link and add it to our automated email that is part of our sales process, but I'm the one who gets the notification that someone clicked the link to the document, not the contact owner/sales person who the email "comes from."

5 Replies 5
dorecchio
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This functionality is a no-brainer and should be supported. Marketing emails are one to one and the system should be able to generate a unique link for each contact record when the email is sent and do this the same time the personalization tokens are added to the email. 

0 Upvotes
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

I think there are 2 options to consider here:

1.) Continue to use marketing email as you are but instead of inserting a "sales document" use the marketing file function. Then set up a workflow that listens for opens of that file and have if/then branches based on the salesperson who the lead belongs to, to send a notification to them.

2.) The Sales Document is best used with Sales Sequence emails (instead of marketing email). So you could look at switching your current use of marketing email + workflow in the sales process to one where each sales rep has a sales sequence set up with their own individual sales docs inserted. This way they control which leads they enrol and will recieve all relevant notifications. Sales sequence emails are actually sent from the salesperson's email (as opposed to on behalf of).

Not sure if the exact answer you were looking for but hope that helps.

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

AndersBK
Participant

This kind of functionality would be much appreciated - use the reciepient mail address to generate a unique link to the document making tracking easier. I would like to add to the lead score of the contact on basis of their engagement in the document. This is not possible as of right now.

jmh117
Participant

YES!  100% would want to be able to score a lead higher if they spent X time v. clicked and closed almost immediately. That would be fabulous!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jmh117 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Anonymous @Daniel_Bleich @Jonno_Price any thoughts to share with @jmh117 on this? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes