Email Marketing Tool

sachahydra
Participant

Resending email to non openers of original email

SOLVE

Hi, is it possible to resend an email to those contacts who did not open the first email ?Thanks, Sacha

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @sachahydra can you confirm if you are using the paid Marketing Email tool? This is available on the Marketing Basic, Pro and Enterprise paid packages. 

If so, you should be able to create a Smart List of contacts based on the following logic:

Contact received email X but did not open it:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 11.25.20.png

Please note: If you are using CRM Email or HubSpot Sales Extension for Gmail/Outlook, it's not currently possible to generate a sending list of this kind. 

...Let me know if this works for you! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
p_sgi
Participant

SOLVE

The process is too complex. We should be able to programm another email directly in the proposed actions. (top right)

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @p_sgi thank you for your feedback. 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DaniOSullivan
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, I agree that HubSpot is behind on the times on this one. It gets very messy with so many lists being created after every marketing email is sent. It would be a lot easier to be able set up a follow-up email to people who haven't open the email in 7 days for example. As it is, we have to create lists and clone the email - not efficient at all. 

roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @sachahydra can you confirm if you are using the paid Marketing Email tool? This is available on the Marketing Basic, Pro and Enterprise paid packages. 

If so, you should be able to create a Smart List of contacts based on the following logic:

Contact received email X but did not open it:

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 11.25.20.png

Please note: If you are using CRM Email or HubSpot Sales Extension for Gmail/Outlook, it's not currently possible to generate a sending list of this kind. 

...Let me know if this works for you! 

LaTresaW
Participant

SOLVE

Wow, this is really a cumbersome process and I can see the lists getting difficult to manage. There are so many other great features in HubSpot, this one seems really behind on the times. 

ELCamp
Participant

SOLVE

We have Marketing Hub Professional and I don't see this option. Can you please provide an updated screenshot or step by step instructions for navigation? 

New to Hubspot; thank you!!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ELCamp,

If you have HubSpot Marketing Professional, you should have access to HubSpot Technical Support. They can walk through this process with you within your portal. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
laurae
Participant

SOLVE

A simple resending to unopens with one click isn't really available in HubSpot like it is in MailChimp. You have to clone the previously sent email and set the filters to received email but didn't open.

Hope this helps!

clioi
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby, what options do we have when using emails in the CRM and/or Outlook extensions? Thanks

0 Upvotes
CH4
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @roisinkirby,

It doesn't seem possible to resend an email if you've sent their orginial email via smart send. Is this true?

Thanks,

Charlotte

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @CH4,

You can always clone the email and create a list of contacts who received and did not open the email, and send the clone to them. 

Isegno
Participant

SOLVE

hello,

can you explane please the procedure on how to create e new list with the filter.. "received and did not open the email".. it doesn't seem to be this filter type 

thanks

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Isegno 

When you create your list,  you can select the option "marketing emails " select the email you would like to filter if they did not click in the link, and select the option :

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 2.04.51 PM.png

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
laurae
Participant

SOLVE

MailChimp has a great mobile app notification that asks you if you'd like to resend email campaign to unopens. With one click you can schedule the email. It would be awesome if HubSpot made this function easier. The MailChimp function is awesome, the only thing I would be change is one other step where you can change the subject line of your email. Please bring this to HubSpot!

LBorges
Contributor

SOLVE

Totally agree. Currently very cumbersome to do so. I'm missing MailChimp already

AlexTLUK

SOLVE

I 100% agree, was great feature of Mailchimp, instead we end up creating ALOT on new lists in HS - please consider.

EDurrant
Participant

SOLVE

Yes constantly creating lots of list seems to be a very messy solution. 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AlexTLUK 

Could you please create an idea requesting this feature on our Ideas Forum The Ideas forum is actively monitored by our product team for feature requests. Sharing your input and kudos specifically in this space is the best way to ensure your feedback and requests are heard

Thanks

Sharon

0 Upvotes
CH4
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jennysowyrda, we ended up doing this but it would be easier if there was a re-send option. Especially as it already exisits for emails that aren't smart send. 

sachahydra
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Roisin

Yes Hydra are on the paid platform.  I will work through your solution and let you know.

Thanks

Sacha

0 Upvotes