Email Marketing Tool

dcwa
Participant

Replies going to sender not the reply-to address

SOLVE

Hey,

According to this Hubspot article: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/using-the-custom-reply-to-address-in-hubspot If you set-up a custom reply-to address any auto-responses and replies to your email will go to to this custom address.

BUT when I set this up with a dedicated inbox for my reply-to address and hit send on my email, all the auto-responses went to the sender (my) address and not the reply-to.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I missing something?

1 Accepted solution
JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @dcwa,

Thanks for reaching out.

As explained in this articlein certain cases with some email providers, automated email replies (e.g. an out-of-office responder) may still go to the original From address.

This seems to be the case for you.  

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @dcwa,

Thanks for reaching out.

As explained in this articlein certain cases with some email providers, automated email replies (e.g. an out-of-office responder) may still go to the original From address.

This seems to be the case for you.  

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

abourdon
Contributor

SOLVE

I've been having the same issue since earier in the summer as well. We used to get zero auto-reponse emails to the sales rep who was "sending" the email. Everything went to our marketing@ address, and we just deleted them all save the occassional "real" reply from a human.

Now 10% or so end up with the sales rep. Has something changed with Hubspot, or has "the greater world" changed enough that this strategy just no longer works from a technical perspective?