Email Marketing Tool

JSummers
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

Remove contact from list

SOLVE

Once someone on a list subscribes/opts in to receive email how do i remove them from the list?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Remove contact from list

SOLVE

@JSummers is the list membership based on subscription status?

If so, you can update the contact to opt out of email, which allows you to unsubscribe the contact on their behalf. Learn more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Remove contact from list

SOLVE

Hi @JSummers,

Could you confirm what you'd like to achieve? Automatically or manually remove a contact from a list? When someone subscribes or unsubscribes? (I'm just a bit confused about removing a contact when they're subscribed - and not the other way around.)

In any case, let's start with general information on adding or removing contacts from a list here.

For subscriptions specifically, this information is stored in the filter shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1652503198026.png

Here you can choose a subscription type. If you want to remove a contact who opted in, you would either filter for:

- contact is not opted or opted out OR

- create another list of contacts who are opted in and include contacts from the new list in the original list

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Remove contact from list

SOLVE

Hi @JSummers,

Could you confirm what you'd like to achieve? Automatically or manually remove a contact from a list? When someone subscribes or unsubscribes? (I'm just a bit confused about removing a contact when they're subscribed - and not the other way around.)

In any case, let's start with general information on adding or removing contacts from a list here.

For subscriptions specifically, this information is stored in the filter shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1652503198026.png

Here you can choose a subscription type. If you want to remove a contact who opted in, you would either filter for:

- contact is not opted or opted out OR

- create another list of contacts who are opted in and include contacts from the new list in the original list

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Solution

Remove contact from list

SOLVE

@JSummers is the list membership based on subscription status?

If so, you can update the contact to opt out of email, which allows you to unsubscribe the contact on their behalf. Learn more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes