Email Marketing Tool

MMcIntyre
Membre

Remove User's email as sender and from name

Résolue

Is there a way to remove a user as an email sender and from name but still allow them to create and send emails in behalf of the account? For example, a user from an agency has access that helps a company create and send marketing emails can very easily forget to change from name and sending email to company's therefore it will default to the user's sending email and name.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @MMcIntyre,

This is currently not possible. If a user has access to the email editor, they can also make changes to the list of from names and from addresses.

There are two things I'd suggest here: Introduce a process for final quality assurance, a four-eye-principle for example. Before an email can be sent, it must be reviewed by another competent user. I generally recommend this to my customers, especially at an Enterprise level, because there are so many things about an email that could go wrong (recipient list, brand and design compliance, spelling mistakes etc.)

Alternatively, you could restrict the permissions of these users to the email tool to edit only, but not publish. They could draft emails but someone else could have a final look and pay special attention to the from name and from address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
webdew
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @MMcIntyre,

In general across all hubs we can't remove the from names and from emails that are associated with a hubspot user who has access to marketing emails.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Adding-subscribers-back-after-removing-double-...

Refer to this document. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

Following these steps will help to add those that are not receiving marketing materials.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MMcIntyre,

This is currently not possible. If a user has access to the email editor, they can also make changes to the list of from names and from addresses.

There are two things I'd suggest here: Introduce a process for final quality assurance, a four-eye-principle for example. Before an email can be sent, it must be reviewed by another competent user. I generally recommend this to my customers, especially at an Enterprise level, because there are so many things about an email that could go wrong (recipient list, brand and design compliance, spelling mistakes etc.)

Alternatively, you could restrict the permissions of these users to the email tool to edit only, but not publish. They could draft emails but someone else could have a final look and pay special attention to the from name and from address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.