Remove Hover Link in Marketing Email

Highlighted
New Contributor

Question: I am looking to see what and where I would need to put the code to remove the pop-up in emails when you hover over images and links (I believe this is called the tooltip). 

For background: I have 3 domains in HubSpot and I send marketing emails for all. When an email is sent via HubSpot Marketing and a user hovers over images or hyperlinks in that email, it shows the Primary URL (domain A) that’s set in our HubSpot settings, even though the image or link itself doesn’t go to that domain but is instead on Domain B or C.

This is what it what I'm trying to hide: hover-example.pngexample of hover

I'm hoping to edit the email template in HubSpot to hide the tooltip, but I'm not sure what that code is or where it would go in the HubSpot Design Manager.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @NataliePatton,

Tooltips are pop ups for when you are filling out a form to ensure you are providing the required information. 

This looks to be a preview of the link that is included in the email, which I believe is functionality of the email, not from HubSpot. While you can disable link tracking (which would significantly shorten the text shown there), there is no way within the template of the email to prevent this from happening that I am aware of. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Would turning off the link tracking still show us if someone clicked a link in the email?

We're having the same issue with huge link previews in some email clients. We don't need granular heatmaps etc showing which links were clicked, but we still want to know if links in the email were clicked if possible. Happy to turn off link tracking if we still get some analytics. Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

>>"Would turning off the link tracking still show us if someone clicked a link in the email?"

No. 'Link tracking' IS the functionality that shows us if someone clicked a link in our email. Turning if off disables all tracking and analytics for clicks AND opens.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

New Contributor

Hello =),

does anybody has another solution for solving the "huge-link-preview"-problem? I´m sure its a HubSpot-Problem because other Newsletter-Tools also offer link-tracking but they don´t show these huge links.

Thank you =)

Deniz

0 Upvotes