Relate opt out to subscription type

carrng

I can retrieve email events of type opt out change, but I'm not seeing what relates that event back to the sent email or subscription type. We need to have this information so that we can keep our local subscription data in sync with that on Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @carrng,

I am not sure what you are referring to? Can you please share what your endgoal is, what your roadblock is, and any troubleshooting you've done so far?

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
carrng

I need to be able to retrieve information about when a customer opts out of a specific subsciption type as well as when a customer unsubscribes completely. The email events endpoint returns an event for opt out change, but it doesn't include what subscription that change was associated with.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @carrng

One option if you have access to workflows would be to create a workflow based on the email subscription type, and then whenever a contact opts out of a specific email type, you could receive a notification email to alert you this change. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
carrng

Thank you, but that's not practical at large scale. This information must be available through the API somewhere. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @carrng,

If you're interested in gathering this information via API, have you seen the email API documentation? Specifically the email events, which includes subscription change.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes