Email Marketing Tool

amandaslaughter
Miembro

Recurring Emails within Workflows

There needs to be a way to set up a option within a workflow where a contact or company has the ability to re-enroll continuosly! We send out weekly emails to our customers with new deals and currently i have to turn off and turn back on a workflow to make sure all the contacts on a specific list get the weekly emails, otherwise only new people to the list within the workflow get the email! 

2 Respuestas 2
KTeakell
Miembro

A lot of people send weekly emails for various reasons, and why wouldn't we expect to use the automation tools to do so instead of doing it manually each and every week? I'm trying to figure out this same thing. We've paid for the transactional email subscription, which was very expensive compared to others, and now we can't even automate the weekly emails we're trying to send to our customers about their accounts. The "discernable trigger" would be that they're in the list, or have the property that the workflow is triggered with.

I'm curious to know how you don't see the use case, Amanda. 

Aleeson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey Amanda- Cheers for engaging with the community.

The issue I see here is that Workflows kinda aren't designed for that regular sort of activity- Sure, you can re-enrol people, but they generally only re-enrol when some action is taken to trigger it, so a weekly email send doesn't quite work. We can't get people to loop endlessly through a workflow, continuously receiving emails with no discernable trigger.

What I'd be curious to know is why you're not just using the regular Email tool- Building up a list of customers who want to receive weekly deals, and then sending those on the list that email, though I suppose that's what you're doing now, just with an automated email that you're editing week on week, then turning the Workflow on and off.