Email Marketing Tool

Kelly10

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Does anyone know if there is a way to recall an automated email if it has not been opened yet? Only delivered? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10 

You can cancel a marketing email if it is still sending, and stop in being delivered to additional contacts. But, it if has already been delivered to a contact, it is not possible to recall it. 

If you are in the latter situation, you may need to move to damage control - if any has been caused. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10,

Happy to help. If you found the posts by @Phil_Vallender and myself helpful, would you mark them as solutions? This helps improve the community experience.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10 

You can cancel a marketing email if it is still sending or scehuled to send. But, it if has already been delivered to a contact then it is not possible to recall it. 

To cancel a sceduls or sending mail, I have craeted this video for you: https://www.loom.com/share/6b3fc1469f6449919ee07fe7c20e71d9

Hope this helps!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10,

Happy to help. If you found the posts by @Phil_Vallender and myself helpful, would you mark them as solutions? This helps improve the community experience.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Kelly10

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Thank you. I did not think it was possible but wanted to verify. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10,

This is unfortunately not supported by HubSpot. Once an email has been delivered, it's in the recipient's inbox and there's no way of getting it back.

Your probably referring to features like Gmail's unsend or Outlook's recall. Both operate under very specific conditions: Gmail is holding the email back for a cancellation period, Outlook requires both parties to have a Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange account in the same organisation.

If it's any consolation, corrected emails usually perform better than the first on in terms of open rate and click rate. And you can always use the opportunity to apologize directly, like a human.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Hi @Kelly10 

You can cancel a marketing email if it is still sending, and stop in being delivered to additional contacts. But, it if has already been delivered to a contact, it is not possible to recall it. 

If you are in the latter situation, you may need to move to damage control - if any has been caused. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Kelly10

Recall automated email

SOLVE

Thank you, I did not think it was possible, but wanted to verify. 

0 Upvotes