Email Marketing Tool

StefanTV
Participant

Re-enrollment after merging

SOLVE

Hi!
After we merged contacts, some contacts got re-enrolled in a marketing workflow and received mails out of nowhere.

It was the case that a contact filled out a form with his primary mail address, however, he was not enrolled in the marketing workflow with his business address. After merging the private with the business profile, the workflow startet from scratch and he received the first email of the workflow on his business address (new primary mail address). Is there a way to prevent that from happening, or take the stage of the workflow in consideration, when enrolling the new primary email address, so the workflow won't start all over?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StefanTV,

In the Settings tab of a workflow, you can specify how the workflow should handle merges:

karstenkoehler_0-1674557984841.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

StefanTV
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It was the case that contact 2 was enrolled, contact 1 was not. So after merging, contact 1 got re-enrolled.
Here you can find the screenshot of the enrollment criteria:

StefanTV_0-1674563527305.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
CBN
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We have just had issues with merged contacts being unenrolled from all workflows instead of being where they are/reenrolled. 

Why don't you get an warning about workflows in progress on either contact when you merge?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StefanTV,

In the Settings tab of a workflow, you can specify how the workflow should handle merges:

karstenkoehler_0-1674557984841.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MHunter1
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

It doesn't appear that this feature works with tickets... Do you know of a way to keep merged tickets from unenrolling in a workflow? 

Thanks! 

Screenshot 2024-04-17 091756.png

0 Upvotes
StefanTV
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks for your reply!
We also found those settings the last time it happened, however, it keeps occurring...

StefanTV_0-1674562864363.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StefanTV,

If contact 1 was already enrolled in the workflow and after merging contact 1 and 2, the merged contact enrolled despite the 'No' setting, this sounds like a bug.

What exactly are the enrollment and re-enrollment settings of the workflow? Can you please share a screenshot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

StefanTV
Participant

SOLVE

Hi!
Do you maybe have an update on this one?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @StefanTV,

Unfortunately I don't. I'd recommend taking this up with HubSpot support, they investigate this directly in your portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

StefanTV
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It was the case that contact 2 was enrolled, contact 1 was not. So after merging, contact 1 got re-enrolled.
Here you can find the screenshot of the enrollment criteria:

StefanTV_0-1674563527305.png

0 Upvotes