Email Marketing Tool

MyriJen
Participant

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi,

So I want to launch a re-engagement campaign for our subscribers who haven't opened any marketing emails we've sent them over the last 6 months. 

In the email I crafted I want to add a button that if they click on it, it will keep them on our distribution list. If they don't, it will automatically remove them from it.

The issue is.. that I am not too sure how to do it. What link should I add to the CTA button? And how can I then know who has clicked on it vs not? 

Sorry I am a bit new to the game, I've been looking for some articles but couldn't find exactly what I am looking for!

Thank you for your help!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi @MyriJen ,

The link that is added to the CTA button would be where you want to re-direct your recipients too. For example, your website, or your blogs, or your products for example, or some landing page, etc. that is something custom to your requirement.

As per segmenting them on the basis of whether they have clicked on the CTA or not. You can use the list tool.

1. Navigate to contacts > Lists
  2. Create a contact based active list
  3. In the filter group select marketing emails > select the name of the email > select received the email
  4. Put the AND operator
  5. Now select Call to action filters group > select the filter you have added into the email or yours

You will get the list of contacts you want
Similarly, you can create a list for those who have not clicked on the CTA of yours

webdew_0-1648118203772.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Sure @RebeccaS, that's why I mentioned at the beginning of my reply that this can be automated in a Professional portal 🙂

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
ManuelaPeña
Contributor

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi @MyriJen !

Have you tried re-engaging your customers through WhatsApp? This channel has a much higher open rate compared to email. 

Truora recently launched a WhatsApp <> HubSpot integration that allows you to:

* Create conversational flows to personalize your interactions with your WhatsApp users, without additional development.

* Initiate WhatsApp conversations from HubSpot (sending outbound messages).

* Create properties in HubSpot based on the information you collect from WhatsApp conversations with customers.

* Redirect users who interact with your WhatsApp chatbot to the HubSpot inbox to continue the conversation with an agent from the CRM.

Check out thi solution in this link: https://hubs.ly/Q01nv2FN0

Best,

Manuela

0 Upvotes
chutchens
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

My advise would be to set up a One-Click-Subscribe button. To do this, create a simple CTA ...something like "Yes, keep me updated!" and a simple landing page to redirect these folks to.

Once you have the CTA set up to redirect them when clicked, the next step is to set up a workflow that says "If contact visits X page, set their subscribe status to Weekly (or montly, depending on your frequency)." 

This will ensure that people who click the CTA will be resubscribed to receive marketing emails, and anyone who doesn't visit the page will remain in their current status. 

DanSPT
Participant

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi @MyriJen,

The answer from webdew is the best explanation on how to do this. Essentially you would then do the opposite for somebody that 'hasn't' clicked the CTA to get your unengaged contacts.

I just wanted to add in caution when using 'email opened' as a way to measure engagement. Since IOS11 email open rates have potentially created a false number of opens since they're opened before they're delivered to your inbox. So you might actually have people who you think are engaged because they've opened an email when in reality it was opened before even being delivered to their inbox.

It's worth reading up more on the topic.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi @MyriJen,

Do you have contact-based workflows at your disposal? That would affect how you approach this and you could automate this process.

On a general note, HubSpot automatically maintains a property for unengaged contacts called Sends since last engagement. This is the property referenced by the "Exclude unengaged contacts" checkbox in the Recipients tab of your emails. More on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sending-my-email-to-unengag...

If you send a re-engagement email, you could include a button that links virtually anywhere. Usually, it would just be a thank you page ("Thank you for sticking with us" etc).

The Sends since last engagement property resets when someone opens or clicks an email. So simply by opening an email, they would be included again in emails, even when the "Exclude unengaged contacts" checkbox is marked.

If you want to keep only contacts who clicked the link (and not just opened the email), you would first finalize your re-engagement email. Add a button to link to a thank you page. Then, you would create a contact list of contacts who clicked the link. In an active contact list, add a filter and choose "Marketing emails".

karstenkoehler_2-1648118856756.png

Then, specify the email and link.

karstenkoehler_0-1648118788938.png

These are the engaged / active contacts.

Then, create a second list: all contacts who were sent the email but are not in the above list. These would be the inactive contacts.

After sending your re-engagement email, you can then proceed and manage their subscriptions (opt them out of the subscription type). Alternatively, you could use that list as an exclusion list in the Recipients tab of the email editor from now on.

Keep in mind that click rates can be low low. You will likely "lose" more than 95% of the contacts. (It's still a good idea to clean up.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RebeccaS
Participant

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

Could you not also do this with a workflow and if/then branches?

If they click the link in the email - keep their subscription. 

If they don't click the link (after a certain delay) - unsubscribe them?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Sure @RebeccaS, that's why I mentioned at the beginning of my reply that this can be automated in a Professional portal 🙂

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RebeccaS
Participant

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE
Ah yes! Thank you!
0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Re-engagement campaign

SOLVE

Hi @MyriJen ,

The link that is added to the CTA button would be where you want to re-direct your recipients too. For example, your website, or your blogs, or your products for example, or some landing page, etc. that is something custom to your requirement.

As per segmenting them on the basis of whether they have clicked on the CTA or not. You can use the list tool.

1. Navigate to contacts > Lists
  2. Create a contact based active list
  3. In the filter group select marketing emails > select the name of the email > select received the email
  4. Put the AND operator
  5. Now select Call to action filters group > select the filter you have added into the email or yours

You will get the list of contacts you want
Similarly, you can create a list for those who have not clicked on the CTA of yours

webdew_0-1648118203772.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.