Email Marketing Tool

MJSchmidt81786
Participant

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

I have a questions related to RSVPs and Yes/No responses.

How do I setup an RSVP so that someone can respond "Yes" and fill out a form (if necessary) and go into an Active List but if something changes where they need to respond "No" they  then get removed from the original Active list and now go into my "No" Active List...

Does that make sense? I just need to have my contacts be put into the correct list based on their latest responses to an RSVP and only show in one of the two lists, if they respond.

Any assistance would be much appreciated! 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

Hi @MJSchmidt81786,

If they are using the same form to update their status, it will update the contact property based on their answer. The active list can be created from that contact property. Once the criteria to be a member of that list is no longer met, they aren't included.

In this case you would have 2 active lists based on contact property...one for yes, the other for no. They would then move between the 2 lists.

There are likely other ways to accomplish this, but this is the approach I'd take.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

@MJSchmidt81786,

Yes, you can use a simple dropdown select or radio select, whichever you prefer. Both of them will allow you to update the contact property.

Let me know if you'd like me to walk you through this. I'd be happy to.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Josh
Solution

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

Hi @MJSchmidt81786,

If they are using the same form to update their status, it will update the contact property based on their answer. The active list can be created from that contact property. Once the criteria to be a member of that list is no longer met, they aren't included.

In this case you would have 2 active lists based on contact property...one for yes, the other for no. They would then move between the 2 lists.

There are likely other ways to accomplish this, but this is the approach I'd take.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
MJSchmidt81786
Participant

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

Hi @Josh 

Thanks for the response!

This would be on a Form and not in an email, correct?  I created an email with a Yes/No CTA and I had someone respond yes, then respond no - and they were appearing on both my Yes and No active lists... what would the criteria be in these cases?

Should it always be a form on a landing page? Or can it be done directly on an email?

0 Upvotes
Josh

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

Hi @MJSchmidt81786,

You could accomplish this with CTA clicks, but I believe you would also have to use a workflow to set the contact properties.

For example: Enrollment criteria is your specific CTA click, then set contact property to yes, and then another one for the other CTA click. You would want to allow re-enrollment in this case just in case something changes. Because you're setting the same property, the last workflow to run should be the relevant.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
MJSchmidt81786
Participant

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

@Josh - could I just accomplish this with a form and not use CTAs? So in the form would it be a drop down? 

How would this be accomplished without using a CTA - because if I can avoid that, I will! 🙂 And just use a CTA in the email for them to RSVP and then the form can say the yes/no...

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

RSVPs - Yes/No Mangement

SOLVE

@MJSchmidt81786,

Yes, you can use a simple dropdown select or radio select, whichever you prefer. Both of them will allow you to update the contact property.

Let me know if you'd like me to walk you through this. I'd be happy to.

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes