Email Marketing Tool

Emi2

Question: Collect and automatically manage email "topic preference" and "HubSpot default preference"

SOLVE

Hi there,

I am recently researching the marketing automation and want to enhance the subscribers' email experience. I would like to send a automated email to my new subscribers and also send the other email to the exhisting subscribers for updating their "Email Preference". 

As I know, there is a "Subscription Type" that we can use to categorize the email types, such as marketing email, one-on-one email, news and promotions, and so on. But I would like to provide the topic choices, such as "product interest", with multiple options. However, this seems cannot be done in the "Subscription Type" setting. So I try to build a form for this.

In the beginnging, I have a question about how to add "Subscription Type" in the form until I found this post. So I have no more question about integrating these questions and properties in the same form. 

Post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Add-Fields-to-Subscription-Preferences-Templat...

Howerer, I encountered that once the subscriber select the multiple checkbox, the data cannot by synced even if the option is unchecked next time. And the prefilled function cannot work for this.

Is there other ways to deal with this issue? Please recommend. Thank you. 🙂

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Question: Collect and automatically manage email "topic preference" and "HubSpot default preference"

SOLVE

Hi @Emi2. Subscription types and lists you send to are different, yes. I think of it this way: Subscription types are the general buckets of how "they" want to receive messages. Lists are your distribution choices. 

So the way it appears you have it set up is expected behavior in HubSpot. You have a form where they can choose the list they want to join, effectively. Then when they receive your emails, they can choose if they want to keep getting your marketing category, or news and updates, or product/service updates. 

Because these are sparate in HubSpot, there isn't a "match this" option, not really. You could have subsription types for all of your different email lists, but that could get cumbersome. 

So while it's not a workaround, hopefully this helps show you that you're not missing expected behavior in HubSpot. 

Incidentally, here's an interview with the product manager of email we did where I work. There's some great information in here about this: HubSpot Email Subscription Types | Email Mindset & Tips

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

mhaseeb7
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It sounds like you are trying to set up a subscription preference form that allows your subscribers to select their email preferences and product interests. While the "Subscription Type" setting may not allow you to provide specific topic choices, creating a form with custom fields can give you more control over the information you collect from your subscribers.

Regarding the issue with multiple checkboxes, it seems like there may be an issue with the way the data is being stored or synced. You may want to reach out to HubSpot support or community to see if they can assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

As for the prefill function not working, make sure that the field names and data types match between your subscription preference form and zombie catchers zombies your subscriber database in HubSpot. If the fields do not match, the prefill function may not work correctly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mhaseeb7
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

It sounds like you are trying to set up a subscription preference form that allows your subscribers to select their email preferences and product interests. While the "Subscription Type" setting may not allow you to provide specific topic choices, creating a form with custom fields can give you more control over the information you collect from your subscribers.

Regarding the issue with multiple checkboxes, it seems like there may be an issue with the way the data is being stored or synced. You may want to reach out to HubSpot support or community to see if they can assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

As for the prefill function not working, make sure that the field names and data types match between your subscription preference form and zombie catchers zombies your subscriber database in HubSpot. If the fields do not match, the prefill function may not work correctly.

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Emi2. Subscription types and lists you send to are different, yes. I think of it this way: Subscription types are the general buckets of how "they" want to receive messages. Lists are your distribution choices. 

So the way it appears you have it set up is expected behavior in HubSpot. You have a form where they can choose the list they want to join, effectively. Then when they receive your emails, they can choose if they want to keep getting your marketing category, or news and updates, or product/service updates. 

Because these are sparate in HubSpot, there isn't a "match this" option, not really. You could have subsription types for all of your different email lists, but that could get cumbersome. 

So while it's not a workaround, hopefully this helps show you that you're not missing expected behavior in HubSpot. 

Incidentally, here's an interview with the product manager of email we did where I work. There's some great information in here about this: HubSpot Email Subscription Types | Email Mindset & Tips

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @Emi2  thank you for posting in our Community!

I want to add our top experts to this conversation to share their suggestions, @Phil_Vallender @Bryantworks any recommendations to @Emi2 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes