Email Marketing Tool

SBissell

Pulling data from incoming email to track

SOLVE

Hi - 

Brand new to hubspot. I'm hoping this CRM will be the solution for me.

I regularly have incoming emails from the same website email that contain data I want to track:

New Customer Name

Customer's Email

Customer's contact info

Customer's purchase

Is there a way to automate the pulling of this data to create a new contact or update an existing contact based on the data within the incoming email?

Thanks! Also happy to go watch a webinar or read up on the topic if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBissell,

Using the conversations inbox, you could associate contacts with the email that was sent, but I don't believe you'll be able to pull the other specific information that you're looking for, as @TiphaineCuisset eluded to.

If you do find a solution that scrapes the email and pulls the data, please share!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SBissell 

Thank you for reaching out, welcome to the Community & welcome to HubSpot! 

I cannot see a HubSpot-out-of-the-box solution for this, but I want to tag some of our experts to see if they could think of workarounds - @Josh @karstenkoehler @Phil_Vallender do you have any thoughts for @SBissell on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SBissell,

Using the conversations inbox, you could associate contacts with the email that was sent, but I don't believe you'll be able to pull the other specific information that you're looking for, as @TiphaineCuisset eluded to.

If you do find a solution that scrapes the email and pulls the data, please share!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer